[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - List Of Up-Front Pay Sites

• Advertisement

List Of Up-Front Pay Sites

Discuss freelance writing and content mill site alternatives to Demand Media Studios.

List Of Up-Front Pay Sites

Postby Ken » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:09 pm

Some you may know, some you may not. Just some alternatives:

- military type articles
- Extensive but never less than $350 per piece

Ken

Advertisement

Re: List Of Up-Front Pay Sites

Postby fuckermcfucksticks » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:03 am

FYI, Internet brands sucks donkey dizick. They rarely have many articles available and only approve you for one topic. I haven't had an article available for several months in my "approved" subject area, and the last time I did have a few they were all shitty. They have this stupid new format called FAQ and they email you saying they have some, then you have to email them and hope that they chose you to give one to. They do, however, send most articles to legitimate websites.
I am really not a dick... I just play one on DSS.
fuckermcfucksticks

Postby Psycho_Insomniac » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:52 am

Content Authority sucks. That is all.
Psycho_Insomniac

Postby oyvey » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:07 am

I believe that seed has gained itself a little reputation for not paying people. I only made $8 there which is nowhere near the supposed $50 payout, but I won't take any more gigs after reading the tales of woe from other writers.
oyvey

Postby DinaMerrill » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:33 am

Yeah, avoid Seed. Seriously avoid them.
DinaMerrill

Postby Xenia_Onatopp_007 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:20 pm

Watch out for Consumer Search, too. "Extensive" is an understatement. Pay might be good, but spending several hours for free trying to get through the tests just might not be worth it.
Xenia_Onatopp_007

Postby i_smell » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:50 pm

avoid essay mills. I have not gone this route, but two former students of mine told me about their experiences with it and it doesn't sound good. The pay per word is on par with Demand but a lot of the site owners are scam artists who don't pay their writers on time. Or they'll tell you that your submission is plagiarized, refuse to pay you, then sell your submission 50 times over.
Attn Co-Authors:

That is all.
i_smell

Postby Iwriteautostuff » Tue May 03, 2011 8:27 pm

Do any of these have auto repair stuff? That's my specialty.
Hey Fucker, one reason the IB may be so scarce is because they have a few writers groups already working for them. The lady I got my start with has IB as a client and I did about 1500 articles for her for IB's automotive sites. Plus I did around 1000 FAQs for her and Andrew @IB. In fact, before they completely died, their chief editor/content manager for auto stuff, Andrew circulated a memo to his editors to send stuff I wrote that went over the wordcount requirements to him so they could make sure I got paid based on how much I wrote, not what the request was for.
Iwriteautostuff

Postby jekhyl » Fri May 06, 2011 11:34 am

Seed used to be ok and I always got paid the listed price, when they accepted my work. But that was last year and the biggest peeve was that they didn't have clear guidelines on what they wanted. I did a bunch of Gym reviews. They bought some, but not others with no clear indication as to why.

Now, I log in and all I see are a bunch of "I Interviewed at..." or "Confessions of a..." or "How I Got a Job as..." or "What it's Like to Work at..." titles and they all want pictures of the writer doing whatever it is they are writing about.

There is even one called "My Unemployed Life" where they want some unemployed person to answer a lot of questions and provide a photo of themselves being unemployed.

Seed used to have interesting topics that were easy to write. I made some easy money writing stuff off the top of my head in my own voice. Now, you'd be hard-pressed to find anything interesting and they all pay $25... if they actually accept it.
Why? Because FUCK YOU, that's why.
jekhyl

Return to A Catch-All