[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - awesome themes

• Advertisement

awesome themes

Discuss freelance writing and content mill site alternatives to Demand Media Studios.

awesome themes

Postby CE_ClueBat » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:33 pm

I didn't know where to put this, but if you're looking for a theme for your CMS or WP site, these people have the most fantastic themes with so many options. They are so well done.

themeforest.com

I just bought the awake WP theme. It is sweet.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Advertisement

Re: awesome themes

Postby Psycho_Insomniac » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:04 pm

Nice. :)
Psycho_Insomniac

Postby truthagainst » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:58 pm

Yeah, most of the top themes are designed not to be the prettiest, but the most flexible. If you're handy with tweaking a theme, I'd definitely recommend them. Many of the theme creators will do edits for an extra fee, too. Kriesi, one of the original mack daddy theme sellers, has his own team that does that stuff.

Oh yeah, and the WebTreats (the Awake theme creators) have WP tutorials on their website. It's really cool that they shared how they created parts of the theme.
"You see, I have this little policy about honesty and ass-kicking, which is, if you ask for it, then I have to let you have it." - Taylor Mali
truthagainst

Location: That place where Louis CK says people just stand out on their porches and look depressed.

Postby CE_ClueBat » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:09 am

I'll check that out, Truth. I am new to Joomla, but the Batman and I are using it for our startup. Bought a theme, but I need to screw around with it. I'm considering having someone else write the sales content and customize the theme, because this is the first time I've ever messed with Joomla. I don't think the Batman and I are sales writers either. So, I'll check out the peeps you mentioned. :D
CE_ClueBat

Postby truthagainst » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:11 pm

"You see, I have this little policy about honesty and ass-kicking, which is, if you ask for it, then I have to let you have it." - Taylor Mali
truthagainst

Location: That place where Louis CK says people just stand out on their porches and look depressed.

Postby Devil_youknow » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:30 pm

Devil_youknow

Postby CE_ClueBat » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:38 pm

If the Batman is actually my brother, I'ma an hero.
CE_ClueBat

Postby SEO Speedwagon » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:55 pm

How hard is it to learn to make your own theme? Is it worth it? Not for a throwaway monetized blog or anything like that, but for a long-term, close to the heart kind of project.
SEO Speedwagon

Postby The Batman » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:00 pm

"Wait, when is March Madness?" ~CE Cluebat
The Batman

Postby truthagainst » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:34 pm

truthagainst

Return to A Catch-All