[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - An offer to DSSers...

• Advertisement

An offer to DSSers...

Discuss freelance writing and content mill site alternatives to Demand Media Studios.

An offer to DSSers...

Postby truthagainst » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:37 pm

I'm offering some free/in-exchange web design work to any DSSer who isn't a n00b, troll or otherwise zombie in disguise. You know who you are! This is for portfolio building/updating, which I've been struggling with because the world is full of asshats and morons who don't know what they're doing. But you know me, and I know you. We're cool.

Rules:

1. The site kinda needs to stay up for awhile, and with my design on it. You're obviously under no obligation to put it up in the first place if you don't like what I did, but I'm tired of seeing my work get thrown out. Basically, I need "live sites" to show.

2. Please don't trash it. This is what I'm talking about: http://sixrevisions.com/project-managem ... eploy-cms/. Things like red-highlights on SEO keywords are bullshit, and we all know better because we're way cooler than Ken. Since we're buds, you can just ask me if a change you want to make will look like shit or not.

3. You'll let me code it myself. It's cool to dress up frameworks and templates, but being that I want to show off my skills at both design and front-end coding (e.g, HTML/CSS), it kinda needs to be my own code, or mostly, anyway.

4. Let me use it on my portfolio site, once I get one up again. Also, I need you as a reference. You'll tell people who ask that I'm totally awesome, and you'll give me a little testimonial I can put up.

5. We'll trade links. You can give me a little link in the footer, and you'll be linked through my portfolio (once I get it up). I'll also show the design as much as I can, on Forrst, on CSS galleries, etc. That should be good for a few click-thrus at least.

My portfolio isn't online because I literally do not have even $10 right now to pay a web host. I do have examples of my work to show, available on request.

Zombies: Please do not contact me about this. At all. I'm tired of being walked over by bad clients and doing jobs that look horrible in a portfolio.
"You see, I have this little policy about honesty and ass-kicking, which is, if you ask for it, then I have to let you have it." - Taylor Mali
truthagainst

Location: That place where Louis CK says people just stand out on their porches and look depressed.

Advertisement

Re: An offer to DSSers...

Postby The Batman » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:01 pm

I have an idea for a project I'm kicking around. If you are still offering when and if I finalize my plans, I'll hit you up.

In the meantime, I do have a VPS. If you have a domain name, I'm more than willing to give you some space to put your portfolio up until you can get things going on your own. It's not going to cost me anything to do that, so I won't charge you for it. If you don't have a domain, you can get one at 1 & 1 for 99 cents.
"Wait, when is March Madness?" ~CE Cluebat
The Batman

Postby truthagainst » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:20 pm

"You see, I have this little policy about honesty and ass-kicking, which is, if you ask for it, then I have to let you have it." - Taylor Mali
truthagainst

Location: That place where Louis CK says people just stand out on their porches and look depressed.

Postby The Batman » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:35 pm

And, I wouldn't be offering you space or considering your design skills, if I didn't also know that you know what you are doing. If you can use the space, just let me know. It's a standard Apache/cPanel setup, so it's easy enough for me to set you up whenever.
"Wait, when is March Madness?" ~CE Cluebat
The Batman

Postby Page1News » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:02 pm

This post makes me happy. Nice to see some positivity/creativity/collaboration on here --- finally. :D
You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Postby Devil_youknow » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:21 am

Just happy to see our cute little gnome is back.

That is all.
Devil_youknow

Postby truthagainst » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:27 pm

Page would love my aunt's house. She brought in all the gnomes for the winter. In the spring, they all come out and hang on the yard. One even has its own swing. I think she's lost her marbles a bit, though. :P

I already have one person "signed up" and a second "maybe later." Thanks, gais! This will be fun. :D
truthagainst

Postby Page1News » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:07 am

You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Return to A Catch-All