[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Looks like the zombies are loose again

• Advertisement

Looks like the zombies are loose again

Discuss freelance writing and content mill site alternatives to Demand Media Studios.

Looks like the zombies are loose again

Postby Pardon_my_French » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:46 pm

Pardon_my_French

Advertisement

Re: Looks like the zombies are loose again

Postby 420Writer » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:23 am

So.. Writer's Access is where the DMS CEs write?

JMO, but WA sucks.
420Writer

Postby DMS Tech Team » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:24 am

Hm. Looks like the DMS hoarders are looking for work...
Fixin' web servers, four steps at a time!
DMS Tech Team

Postby DMS Tech Team » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:33 am

Fixin' web servers, four steps at a time!
DMS Tech Team

Postby CE_ClueBat » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:22 pm

Yeah, I picked up 1 article there, but the zombs have infiltrated. They fuck up everything.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby Pardon_my_French » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:58 pm

I've written like 4 things there. I just laughed at the rules because you know why rules happen. Idiots everywhere.

Pardon_my_French

Postby Psycho_Insomniac » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:56 pm

I wrote one thing for them and haven't done anything since. I have about $6 in an account and can't get paid until I reach a minimum amount, which blows. Lately, I've been getting email alerts for new jobs, but none are in my rating (3), and all are for "casting calls." Meh, I figure, I'm doing tremendously well at my new gig, so why bother?
Psycho_Insomniac

Postby Devil_youknow » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:17 pm

I think I wrote a couple things about zombies for them a looonnng time ago (seriously, it was about zombies). For some reason it was enough to get me on some love lists that had nothing to do with what I wrote. So I get these emails constantly about love lists and I just delete them.

I'm tired of content writing. It made me hate writing in general to be truthful so I think I'm going to stop freelancing for awhile. If I see a good business title here or there, perhaps I'll grab it but it's not worth the pain anymore.
Devil_youknow

Postby IntestineJello » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:21 pm

This reminds me of the Need An Article Account I keep just for the ridiculous emails that come through from TPTB.

"We've been getting reports of clients complaining that their articles 'don't make any sense.'" (My Favorite)

"Please go to this website and donate money to Joe, who just lost his cat in a dryer accident."

"We know it's been hard to manage through these rough economical times. Here's a link to a dropshipping business by a writer who says he promises to help people make money, AND donate some of his profits to help Joe's cat."

So a few days later, there's a giant bitch session email from Scott Foster (owner) ranting about bad service and poor attitudes and talking to his friend in the DROPSHIPPING business. So, he puts this guy out as a random writer and then like a moron, lets it slip that he's actually whoring him out to his writers to make them a few bucks. These are truly great emails.
IntestineJello

Postby Page1News » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:09 pm

You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Next

Return to A Catch-All