[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - How much longer will content mills be around for?

• Advertisement

How much longer will content mills be around for?

Discuss freelance writing and content mill site alternatives to Demand Media Studios.

Re: How much longer will content mills be around for?

Postby Page1News » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:07 pm

You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Advertisement

Postby D.H. » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:03 pm

D.H.

Postby Page1News » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:52 pm

Oh ... so sorry! It depends on the usage:

I like full-screen movies.

I have a full screen of DMS ads.

Never use fullscreen.

I base these usages on AP, but I see "fullscreen TVs" and "full screen mode" all the time.
You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Postby D.H. » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:07 pm

D.H.

Postby The Batman » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:09 pm

This is why hyphens suck. In none of the examples does the use of a hyphen add to understanding.
"Wait, when is March Madness?" ~CE Cluebat
The Batman

Postby Page1News » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:13 pm

Yeah ... when you're describing something, hyphenate.

"Run it in full-screen mode" - "Full-screen" describes "mode"

"Run it full-screen" - "full-screen" describes an implied noun, such as "mode" or "application."

I hope I didn't just confuse you. :lol:
Page1News

Postby D.H. » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:27 pm

D.H.

Postby yourmom » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:24 am

I tend to avoid ehow results when I Google things, but sometimes you do end up finding decent info in an Ehow article.. You just gotta wade through a bunch of crap to find it. :(
dont panic. I'm not here to hate.

Check out my blog at http://www.beautymadefresh.net

and my horror/fantasy/science-fiction novels @
http://www.chelseahoffman.weebly.com
yourmom

Postby JulianneHarte » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:10 am

When I'm writing something simplistic or not likely to hurt people, plants or animals, I'll use the eHow article for the links. Sometimes it's the links right there in my search (I use Swagbucks, which bases theirs off of Google, followed by Yahoo! If my search pops up with nothing of use) but I've also found a lot of useful links that way. I never, ever actually read the eHow article, so that I don't get the phrasing/idea in my head and trip the plag flag (or the CE who thinks he is the plag flag!)
Check out http://ayearofbaking.blogspot.com, one woman's mission to bake every day for a year!
JulianneHarte

Postby Page1News » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:33 pm

What a funny thread title, now that so much has happened. How much longer will content mills be around for? I think 2012 will see the end of the current incarnation of the content mill.

Personally, I believe there is cycle for all things. From what I have read, seen and heard, many website owners are realizing that bulk content is not the way to drive their businesses forward. From my experience, many business owners would rather go back to high-quality, customized content without all the crazy SEO word stuffing and a kabillion content pieces that convey nothing.

I think 2012 will be a great year for good writers/editors who are tenacious enough to target specific industries within their preferred niches.

For me, I have targeted travel. And I have found that online travel service websites and publications much prefer individual content rather than bulk generic content that anyone can find on the Internet. As a client told me, "It makes us stand out in a generic crowd."
Page1News

PreviousNext

Return to A Catch-All