[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - The Fiction about Fiction

• Advertisement

The Fiction about Fiction

Just like the title says!

Re: The Fiction about Fiction

Postby prosetitute » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:58 pm

"Whoa! This guy has taffy!"
prosetitute

Advertisement

Postby Pardon_my_French » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:57 am

*bump

Currently reading 2 Murakami books: Wind-Up Bird Chronicle and What I Talk About When I Talk About Running—which is not fiction, but oh well.

This thread must never die.

Pardon_my_French

Postby prosetitute » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:28 pm

I'm currently reading The Distant Hours by Kate Morton. Her books are good for those who like gothic novels.

I picked up Murakami's After Dark from the library today and put his other books on order.

And I agree, this thread must live on. I've gotten a lot of good book recommendations here. :)
"Whoa! This guy has taffy!"
prosetitute

Postby FuckingHostile » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:21 pm

I recently finished the series of books by Libba Bray that starts with "A Great and Terrible Beauty". Fairy lands and Victorian brats and all that. Not really my style, but I liked them quite a bit, surprisingly. Don't mock me.

I'm also reading Harry Dresden books in between my "real" books.

My next target is the Strain by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan. I started to read the Fall, realized it was the second book in the series, and had to order the Strain. I now await it eagerly. I love del Toro. His movies can do no wrong. How awesome must his books be?

Anyone read them?
"Many a fool has sought to oppose my diabolical will, only to find out later that they probably shouldn't have tried to do that." --Cthulhu
FuckingHostile

Postby Ducky » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:56 pm

Ducky

Postby FuckingHostile » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:03 pm

"Many a fool has sought to oppose my diabolical will, only to find out later that they probably shouldn't have tried to do that." --Cthulhu
FuckingHostile

Postby FuckingHostile » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:27 pm

FuckingHostile

Postby TheDudeImbibes » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:22 pm

"We are not stuff that abides, but patterns that perpetuate themselves."
- Norbert Wiener
TheDudeImbibes

Postby FuckingHostile » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:48 pm

FuckingHostile

Postby Pardon_my_French » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:03 am

So, I have a few acquaintances who have started a book club and I figure there will be wine so I said sure. But I don't like having to read books that other people pick out.

Pardon_my_French

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes