[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - The Fiction about Fiction

• Advertisement

The Fiction about Fiction

Just like the title says!

Re: The Fiction about Fiction

Postby prosetitute » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:26 pm

Dance with Dragons has been waiting patiently for me to return. I'm going to finish the Murakamis and Christies before I embark on that journey. It's a weighty tome.

Yes, I've noticed the themes of alienation and isolation in Murakami's works. A bit of melancholy doesn't bother me too much. Gives me that quiet, wistful type of lonely feeling. That can be enjoyable as long as I'm not already sad about something. Sort of like sitting on a boulder looking across a clear mountain lake with no one around for miles.
"Whoa! This guy has taffy!"
prosetitute

Advertisement

Postby Pardon_my_French » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:13 pm

Pardon_my_French

Postby FuckingHostile » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:37 pm

"Many a fool has sought to oppose my diabolical will, only to find out later that they probably shouldn't have tried to do that." --Cthulhu
FuckingHostile

Postby FuckingHostile » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:53 pm

"Many a fool has sought to oppose my diabolical will, only to find out later that they probably shouldn't have tried to do that." --Cthulhu
FuckingHostile

Postby FuckingHostile » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:37 pm

Started Clash of Kings this week. It's pretty good. I have to say, what a horrible time/place to have been a woman. Nobody in these books is fucking happy. Except Hodor.
FuckingHostile

Postby prosetitute » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:02 pm

I just blazed through the entire "Night Huntress" series, including the two "Night Huntress World" spin-offs. They're much better than most of the books I've read in the vampire/supernatural genre. There are some gaping holes in the plots, repetitive language, and in parts they're more trashy romance novel than fantasy, but I enjoyed them. I just skipped over the sex scenes. I guess they make other fans swoon as they get all tingly in the nether regions but I found myself rolling my eyes. They're all so fucking trite. Show me one romance novel where the hero is a regular guy and not some David-esque Casanova with a huge cock who loves nothing more than pleasing his heroine. No love scene complete without at least 2 mind blowing orgasms. Uh huh. Suuuuuuuuuure. Real life is like that. :roll: Give me a damn real-life romance novel where the hero has a beer gut and back hair, and couldn't find the G-spot if it were located by GPS. That I would read.

Rant aside, the series is pretty entertaining with decent plots, a fair amount of humor, likeable (mostly) characters, and a lot of satisfying ass-kicking.

Now it's back to the Agatha Christies until I get my hands on Jeffrey Eugenides' new book.
prosetitute

Postby queenoffckall » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:14 am

Picked up The Night Circus tonight. We'll see how that goes. It looks a little spooky, and I'm in search of spooky.
queenoffckall

Postby Ducky » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:20 am

Ducky

Postby FuckingHostile » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:38 am

FuckingHostile

Postby prosetitute » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:56 pm

prosetitute

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes