[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Doctor Who and Sh*t

• Advertisement

Doctor Who and Sh*t

Just like the title says!

Re: Doctor Who and Sh*t

Postby queenoffckall » Mon May 09, 2011 2:36 am

queenoffckall

Advertisement

Postby BurnCEs » Mon May 09, 2011 3:22 am

I think the producers want us to believe that the little girl is a Timelord, and possibly a hybrid child between the Doctor and Amy. (We don't know how Time Lords reproduce, so it doesn't necessarily mean that he's fucked her. I'm not being flippant -- I'm never flippant about Doctor Who or football. It's important because the whole Doctor-companion dynamic would be ruined if he shagged one of them.)

That's all a bit too obvious, though. Just because the little girl appears to regenerate, it doesn't mean she's definitely a Time Lord. Maybe she's a human child altered by genetic modification by the Silence, who want to create their own Time Lord? Is she Amy's child? It appears likely, but again, that's what the producers want us to think. Is the child River? And is River therefore Amy's child?

The River/Doctor backward timeline thing is an epic mind-fuck. There are already a lot of inconsistencies in it, too. I don't know if these are continuity errors or deliberate red herrings that will be explained. For example, River knows Rory now, but she didn't in "The Big Bang?"; if the Doctor knows her less each time he meets her, then how would he know to visit her shortly before her death for the "final goodbye" that she describes in the library story (Forest of Death). So, it can't really be a perfect backwards timeline, there must be an element of jumping about in it to make the story stack up.

Timelords: The door's already open for others to crop up. The Master and Rassilon managed to sidestep the Time War, too.
Last edited by BurnCEs on Mon May 09, 2011 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
BurnCEs

Postby BurnCEs » Mon May 09, 2011 3:36 am

For those who have access:

BBC Four is showing "The Hand of Fear" tonight at 7.40pm (BST) as a tribute to Lis Sladen (Sarah Jane Smith). This four-parter from 1976 was Smith's final story as companion to the fourth Doctor (Tom Baker) and includes a touching farewell scene that's referred to in her later hook-up with the Tenth Doctor. First two eps tonight, with the final two tomorrow night.

For those without access, get the bitch on torrent.

Sarah Jane Smith was the iconic Doctor Who companion for anyone growing up in the 1970s. Russell T Davies agreed, and that's why he brought her back.
BurnCEs

Postby queenoffckall » Mon May 09, 2011 3:57 am

queenoffckall

Postby BurnCEs » Mon May 09, 2011 4:02 am

BurnCEs

Postby queenoffckall » Mon May 09, 2011 5:54 am

queenoffckall

Postby BurnCEs » Mon May 09, 2011 6:30 am

Oh YES it fucking would.

The Rani's backstory already hints that she and the Doctor were lovers. It is only a hint, though.
BurnCEs

Postby BurnCEs » Mon May 09, 2011 6:35 am

We also need a fucking decent The Master again.

As much as I like John Simm for his various works, he doesn't fucking cut the mustard as The Master.

Panto villain:
Roger_Delgado.jpg
BurnCEs

Postby EnigmaticJack » Mon May 09, 2011 3:38 pm

'Guys and girls, beware, the berg has warned you.'

Rule number one: The Doctor lies.
EnigmaticJack

Postby BurnCEs » Mon May 09, 2011 4:41 pm

I've read a bit of the EU stuff, and listened to some of the EU audio adventures. A lot of it's excellent. I guess I see the EU stuff as interesting and diverting, like a sort of professional form of fan-generated fiction.

However, when it comes to Who Lore and History, I'm a total fascist: if it wasn't written for the TV show; in the show; or referred to by the show, it didn't fucking happen. So I only "accept" EU facts when they seep into the actual show (which does happen as some of the official scriptwriters also do EU stuff.) And you're right, the seventh stuff is really borderline! I'm not prejudiced against just the modern EU stuff, either, the same goes for all the comic book adventures and, for example, those shitty Dalek movies they made in the 1960s. They just don't count.

That's just my self-imposed preference. (I'm a bit of a cunt like that - for example, I don't count "Never Say Never Again" as a proper Bond film, because it wasn't part of the official franchise. And I'll fight anyone who says it was.)

Unfortunately, Who has always lacked an overall "creator" or "custodian" with ultimate control over the Who universe. That job usually falls to the executive producer, and whichever department at the BBC happens to be in charge of it for that year. Some of the exec prods have been really careful about consistency and archive researching/getting those historical facts right. Others not so much. Who has always needed a control-freak George Lucas figure, ruling every last, tiny detail of the franchise with obsessional, uncompromising zeal. Ideally that person would have been me. :lol: ;)
BurnCEs

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes