[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Gained the DMS 15? Here's the Thread For You!

• Advertisement

Gained the DMS 15? Here's the Thread For You!

Just like the title says!

Gained the DMS 15? Here's the Thread For You!

Postby Page1News » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:01 pm

I'll start this off, if you'd like. I gained the DMS 15, and since the end of my DMS stint, I've managed to lose 7 of the 15. I work out at the gym at least three times a week for 1 1/2 to 2 hours at a time. My goal is to work out 2 hours, five days a week. I'm now surviving on romaine lettuce, Coke Zero, one regular old-school Coke (with real sugar, not HFCS) a day and way too many cigarettes. I use the cigs to replace food, for the most part, which is awful.

You'd think I'd be a waif, but with menopause, managing my weight has been a bitch. It used to be that I couldn't gain weight if I tried -- about 20 years ago. :lol:
You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Advertisement

Re: Gained the DMS 15? Here's the Thread For You!

Postby Scribe On Demand » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:18 pm

I'm losing weight, but it wasn't gained due to DMS. I'm literally losing a third of my body weight (I'm a big lioness). Doing it "The Four Hour Body" style. I start on Sunday and I'm stoked, which is impressive in itself because I hate diets and hate exercise with a passion (not recreational hikes, yoga for stress-relief or outside playing with the cub for hours but EXERCISE with weights and stationary bikes and <gag> aerobics classes).

Let's do this thing!
2012 - Year of the Lioness

Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupid.
Scribe On Demand

Postby Devil_youknow » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:41 pm

Cool, I'm in. I'd like to lose 15 pounds, it would put me at a very very happy weight. The trick is finding time to take care of yourself.

I'm going back to gentle yoga. I was a stick when I did that stuff. And I was a lot calmer then too.
Devil_youknow

Postby FuckingHostile » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:24 pm

I don't have a DMS 15, but I have a Law School 25 that's been lingering for 5 years.
"Many a fool has sought to oppose my diabolical will, only to find out later that they probably shouldn't have tried to do that." --Cthulhu
FuckingHostile

Postby CE_ClueBat » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:02 pm

^^ LOL

yayyyy TY for the thread, Page. Maybe we can motivate ourselves to lose the flab.

I know I've lost a little. Maybe 2 pounds. I came back from California especially feeling fat, so I decided it's time to feel better.

I'm doing boot camp 3-4/week. I want to do an extra walk/run to make it 5 days, but I dunno if I can at this point cuz I am sore from going back to boot camp after 2 weeks off.

I'm eating salad, fruit and veggies for 2 weeks. Then, I'm going to add a cheat day for myself and use it as date night. I'ma eat steak and mac and cheese. lol
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby Page1News » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:13 pm

My gym membership includes all the classes. I want to do Zumba, which only is offered at 9 a.m. Fridays. So, far, I've made it two classes. I've either been out of town or overslept the damned thing.

Question for workout people: Do you prefer morning, afternoon or evening workouts and why? I'm asking cuz I can't seem to figure out which works best for me.
You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Postby Devil_youknow » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:17 pm

Devil_youknow

Postby gob bluth » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:27 pm

I'm ready to work out again. I used to do tae no five days a week and I was fit as Hell.

Then I stopped when I ended up getting problem after problem.

It was like my body was all "fuck you, lady, here's an under active thyroid AND pcos AND blah blah!"

I never got back to working out. I had to slowly start a new lifestyle after all that. I eat a lot better and stuff but damn if I end up sleeping half the day away.

It's the one thing I'm having trouble with. I can't seem to shake this always tired feeling so then I feel so tired I don't work out.

At this point, I've stopped believing that thyroid medicine does anything.

I'm in, though. Maybe working out will help with the sleepiness!
gob bluth

Postby 16blue » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:57 pm

grar. still working off the college beer weight (been outta there for just over 2 years now). didn't help that before college, i ran cross country and track, and didn't mind running several miles a day.

before college, thanks to running, i could eat whatever the fuck i wanted. then college came along, and all i forgot about exercise between classes, working 2 jobs and drinking a ton of beer. i am no longer into running, and my current diet isn't great. exercise wise, i enjoy hiking and swimming, but i don't do either as much as i'd like to.

i'm definitely a stress eater. i'm not overweight, but i don't feel healthy anymore. gotta start drinking more water, cutting out the sugary crap i like to indulge in and remind myself that salads exist.

sustained some knee injuries while rollerskating last summer, and it got me outta my skating routine. about to pick up skating again, now that i've got skates that actually fit.
16blue

Postby CE_ClueBat » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:22 pm

I prefer working out in the mornings, but it's been too hot and I do like sleeping in. lol

I've been going at 6pm, and the one thing I like about evenings is the insomnia is totally kicked to the curb after working out. I sleep so well. Sleeping has been a secondary reason that keeps me going, because as soon as I stop, I go to bed at 11pm, wake up around 3am and can't go back to sleep.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Next

Return to Anything Goes