[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Soda From Around the World

• Advertisement

Soda From Around the World

Just like the title says!

Soda From Around the World

Postby gob bluth » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:55 pm

On my various vacations, trips, moves ect. My husband and I try to find obscure or weird soda. We also try to find flavors of soda that other parts of the country don't carry.

In the past we have found:

Canada Dry Cream Soda in PA and Maryland

Ski soda in Tennessee

Barqs Cream Soda in Tennessee

Double Cola in Tennessee

Sunkist Cherry Limeaide in the south

Lime Crush in Virginia

A-Treat soda in PA

RC Cherry Cola in the southern states

Apple Manzana in Texas

Moxie Soda in New England.

Anything cool from other parts of the world/country?
gob bluth

Advertisement

Re: Soda From Around the World

Postby The Batman » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:09 pm

Moxie......yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God damn that stuff is the shit.
"Wait, when is March Madness?" ~CE Cluebat
The Batman

Postby truthagainst » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:11 pm

While it's not sold in bottles, you can get some of the best homemade root beer from around here, from one of the local chains.

I know that in PA, Birch Beer is supposedly popular. Or was it Sasparilla? I don't know, but I've always liked those kinds of flavors.

My grandmother used to keep an old fashioned soda vending machine in her basement, where she did her ceramics classes. It was the kind that dispensed glass bottles, and she got them from a local place, but it might be a national brand. It was called Club Soda or something? She always had grapefruit, birch, cherry (not cola), etc. I used to go over to her house to paint ceramic dogs and shit, just to get myself a bottle. :D

Edit: I spent 2 seconds researching, and it was Towne Club. How the fuck did she get Detroit soda all the way out here, though? :o
"You see, I have this little policy about honesty and ass-kicking, which is, if you ask for it, then I have to let you have it." - Taylor Mali
truthagainst

Location: That place where Louis CK says people just stand out on their porches and look depressed.

Postby gob bluth » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:28 pm

Sasparilla is my all time favorite soda!!

I also love birch beer.

A-Treat makes all those soda flavors in Lansdale, PA, which is my husbands home town.

Moxie is pretty freaking amazing. It's so good!!!

Edit: is Towne Club still around? Now I want to try it!
Last edited by gob bluth on Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gob bluth

Postby Page1News » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:29 pm

I'm a Coca-Cola girl through and through, so I buy it everywhere I travel. Did you know that Coke bottled in the U.S. is the only Coke that contains HFCS and a zillion other ingredients that are bad for you? Coke in all other countries I've been to in Central and South America, the Caribbean and Europe has real sugar and only five or six ingredients, and it tastes SOOO much better than in the U.S.
You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Postby gob bluth » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:32 pm

gob bluth

Postby Page1News » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:39 pm

You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Postby Damnwhofarted » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:19 pm

We get kosher Coke and Pepsi during Passover due to the large population of Sephardic Jews in this area. Look for the yellow caps with the Kosher symbol on it around that time.

Both have a bit of a grainy texture for lack of a better description, but it's definately better than HFCS.

However, I shall blaspheme and state my preference for Pepsi Throwback in the realm of mass produced soda. 7-Up has a real sugar version out, but it has a weird taste to it. It's as if they lost the original formula from the real sugar days.

What I really want is a Faygo Rockin' Rye. :cry:
Damnwhofarted

Postby HighPlainsGrifter » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:21 pm

The Grifter's motto: They're worth less than a fin each. Head 'em up and move 'em out.
HighPlainsGrifter

Postby truthagainst » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:29 pm

"You see, I have this little policy about honesty and ass-kicking, which is, if you ask for it, then I have to let you have it." - Taylor Mali
truthagainst

Location: That place where Louis CK says people just stand out on their porches and look depressed.

Next

Return to Anything Goes