[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - National Novel Writing Month

• Advertisement

National Novel Writing Month

Just like the title says!

Re: National Novel Writing Month

Postby truthagainst » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:04 pm

Well, are you gonna write some horror, since you're a fan?

You gotta do the Leprechaun. That movie cracks me up. It's so bad.
"You see, I have this little policy about honesty and ass-kicking, which is, if you ask for it, then I have to let you have it." - Taylor Mali
truthagainst

Location: That place where Louis CK says people just stand out on their porches and look depressed.

Advertisement

Postby Devil_youknow » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:11 pm

Okay, because I can't resist the cute puppy avatar, next one will be Leprechaun. ; )
Devil_youknow

Postby EnigmaticJack » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:10 pm

'Guys and girls, beware, the berg has warned you.'

Rule number one: The Doctor lies.
EnigmaticJack

Postby Devil_youknow » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:14 pm

Devil_youknow

Postby prosetitute » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:44 pm

Wish you could find a picture of Mrs. Poopinplatz from The Boneyard. It's the funniest cheesy horror movie ever made. Here's the trailer:

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi2676949273/

ETA - I also love the pic and the signature line, Devil. I downloaded a Halloween theme for my phone and all the icons are images are scary stuff and characters from horror movies. My favorite is the bloody eyeball icon for my browser. In case no one noticed, I get a kick from cheesy humor.

Oh, and I'm gonna check out the writing thing. I need some kind of encouragement and structure for my fiction writing or I end up in the endless edit loop like someone else mentioned.
"Whoa! This guy has taffy!"
prosetitute

Postby Devil_youknow » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:27 pm

Devil_youknow

Postby prosetitute » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:16 pm

"Whoa! This guy has taffy!"
prosetitute

Postby DMSZombieNoMore » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:10 am

I've done NaNo for the last 9 years. Completed the 50,000 words 4 times. If nothing else it helps to get the ass in the chair and fingers typing on the keyboard. Is what you produce a shit draft? You betcha. But it does give you something to work with later.

I'm doing it again this year. This time, I have the novel outlined and know where I'm going for a change. :)

Like someone else said, trying to write fiction after writing for 4 years (almost) for Demand is challenging. The hardest part is not starting a sentence with an active verb. For me, I hope this years NaNo challenge will help me break that habit forever.
DMSZombieNoMore

Postby Devil_youknow » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:12 am

And so it begins..................
Devil_youknow

Postby truthagainst » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:12 pm

"You see, I have this little policy about honesty and ass-kicking, which is, if you ask for it, then I have to let you have it." - Taylor Mali
truthagainst

Location: That place where Louis CK says people just stand out on their porches and look depressed.

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes