[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Horror Film Fun Fest Thread!

• Advertisement

Horror Film Fun Fest Thread!

Just like the title says!

Horror Film Fun Fest Thread!

Postby gob bluth » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:45 pm

Devil inspired me to create a horror film thread. Plus it's almost Halloween, which is one of my favorite days ever.

So, what's your top 5 favorite horror films?

Mine are:

1. Original Amityville Horror. I saw this movie as a kid. The music is enough to make me feel uneasy. The remake was decent.

2. The Exorcist. My mom let me watch this when I was 5 or so. This movie stopped me from messing with ouija boards until I was 17.

3. Friday the 13th. The first one. I love the entire franchise but I'm not cheating so ill pick this one. Although part 2 and 3 were also great.

4. Nightmare on Elm Street. The first one. I watched this with my sister when I was really young. She went upstairs for popcorn and the body bag scene came on. It's the first time I've ever felt blood drain from my face. Again, I love the entire franchise. Dream Warriors is a close second.

5. Texas Chainsaw Massacre. It's gruesome but awesome. The remake was good too. I don't enjoy the entire franchise though.

I love horror movies. Unfortunately, they aren't done well anymore. Paranormal Activity was good. I say the less effects, the better.
gob bluth

Advertisement

Re: Horror Film Fun Fest Thread!

Postby Devil_youknow » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:55 pm

Now you've gone and done it. I'll never leave this board.

Suspiria - Oh gosh, blood never looked so beautiful. It's actually my ringtone as well.

Nightmare on Elm Street - Yes, Gobby the first one is awesome. Freddy is....terrifying.

Evil Dead - The first one STILL manages to scare me. Even though it's cheesy, it's still creepy. And also when I want to terrify people I sing the laughing demon's song in a little girl voice.

Rosemary's Baby - What have you done to it's EYES!

Black Christmas - The original. I was watching it one night and my phone rang during one of the 'calls'. Scared the heck out of me. Stay away from the stupid and horrible remake.

Countless others but those are the ones that are top of mind right now. :)
Devil_youknow

Postby undercover » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:03 pm

I like occult type horror movies better than the psycho-violent ones. Exorcist yes, chainsaw stuff, no. I think there is a new one with Anthony Hopkins playing a priest.

Oh, and I actually did think Silence of the Lambs was good... creepy as hell, but good, even though it was more about psychopathy than occult stuff.
undercover

Postby 16blue » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:25 pm

Big horror fan... went to a midnight screening of "Sleepaway Camp" Saturday night and loved it. I can't believe I hadn't seen it before.

Recently, I also really liked "House of the Devil."

Other favorites include "Parents" (Randy Quaid!) and "Evil Dead" and "Drag Me to Hell."
16blue

Postby truthagainst » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:32 pm

Ooooh, I don't know which are my top 5, but I love Suspiria! It's not really scary, but it is an interesting piece of cinema. The shots, the atmosphere, the architecture... it's all pretty amazing. Well, maybe not the baddies. That got pretty corny at the end.

Night of the Living Dead is awesome. Probably should go in my top 5. Evil Dead, of course, is LOLsauce. Elm Street movies are pretty fucking sweet. The Exorcist is good. The Shining is good. Leprechaun 3 is hilarious and goes best with some bud. Wicker Man was just a solid block of WTF, though the remake was total garbage.

I love horror movies, but I've watched a ton of goofy b-flicks and also anything that I can laugh at. I don't really watch them for the "horror" so much, or I'll watch the older, art-flick type horror movies. One of my old friends was a huge Troma fan, so I've been exposed to that type of stuff, too. Mother's Day and The Dentist, lawl.
"You see, I have this little policy about honesty and ass-kicking, which is, if you ask for it, then I have to let you have it." - Taylor Mali
truthagainst

Location: That place where Louis CK says people just stand out on their porches and look depressed.

Postby aphrodite » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:37 pm

aphrodite

Postby Devil_youknow » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:44 pm

Oh yeah, I love good cheese. That's why one of my avatars was Hello Mary Lou, Prom Night 2.

I'm especially fond of the ones where a group of people are stuck in one place and are picked off one by one (preferably by a supernatural force.) Like the original Night of the Demons. Damn I love that movie.
Devil_youknow

Postby queenoffckall » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:43 pm

After Berg's ghost encounter, we need to make a special DSS shoutout to The Entity.
queenoffckall

Postby Devil_youknow » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:49 am

Ghost rape!

This is so funny, I never want Oct to end because I'm having too much fun with my horror movie avatars. Haven't run out of ideas, but I'm going to run out of month soon. Too many faves. :cry:
Devil_youknow

Postby Ducky » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:02 pm

I love, love, LOVE horror movies.

Top 5 is hard. From #2 down I don't know as there is a particular order.

#1: The Exorcist. Definitely. This is the *only* movie with the power to scare the shit out of me no matter how many times I see it. I've seen it at least a dozen times, and I still can't watch it alone. And to think about how shocking it must have been back when it was made just makes it better for me.

#2: Night of the Living Dead. While there are other zombie movies that have been better/scarier, this one holds a special place in my heart because it started my love of all things zombie.

#3: Pet Sematary. One of King's better story lines, IMO, at least among the earlier stuff. No, not better than The Shining, but as much as I adore Jack Nicholson, the movie just didn't compare to the book, and I thought it could have been 100 times better. Pet Sematary was one of the first movies to ever truly scare the shit out of me. The funny thing is that the scariest thing about that movie to me wasn't Gage or anything tied to the main premise of the movie, it was the wife's flashbacks about her crippled sister. The way she jerked up out of bed, her sunken face, her shrill voice -- OMG, it still creeps me out.

#4: The Evil Dead. Nothing to say really. It was just brilliant and still creeps me out.

#5: The Poughkeepsie Tapes. Typically, torture movies don't scare me. I'll watch them, but just for the shock value. But this one really gave me the creeps, and I thought it was one of the few mockumentaries that did the job well.

Two newer horror movies that actually weren't bad and did scare me: Insidious and Grave Encounters. Grave Encounters was actually WAY better and scarier than I thought it'd be, and the portrayal of people on those ghost hunter shows was spot on.
Ducky

Next

Return to Anything Goes