[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Horror Film Fun Fest Thread!

• Advertisement

Horror Film Fun Fest Thread!

Just like the title says!

Re: Horror Film Fun Fest Thread!

Postby gob bluth » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:36 pm

Tale of Two Sisters is bad ass.

I love cheesy horror films. My favorite? Sleepaway Camp. Why? Because the acting is so awful and the plot is so terrible. It's just plain awesome.

I also love Jack Frost 1 and 2. The Dentist, Dr. Giggles, The Step Father and many, many more.

Okay, as a child The Entity scared the shit out of me.
gob bluth

Advertisement

Postby Ducky » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:03 pm

Dead End is a hilarious one. It even has a couple of eerie moments, but the teenage son in that movie is a riot.
Ducky

Postby D.H. » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:10 pm

Shout out to 2 underrated films that made it into my queue this year.

Pontypool - can't recommend it enough

The Mist - best adaptation of Stephen King that I've seen and by Darabont!

If you like psychological horror movies, they should both be top of your list.
D.H.

Postby Water's Fine » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:28 am

The Ring.
Water's Fine

Postby IloveCEs » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:41 am

IloveCEs

Postby Devil_youknow » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:44 am

Ahh yes. The creepy neighbors are especially funny.

Ruth Gordon looks like a sweet innocent busybody old lady. I love when Rosemary drops the knife at the end, and Ruth goes down to wipe the floor and makes a tsk tsk noise.

Hilarious! Like she's a satanist but she wants to keep a nice house. :D
Devil_youknow

Postby prosetitute » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:00 am

No particular order here

The Exorcist

Rosemary's Baby

The Shining - made for tv version. Duck, if you haven't seen it, you should check it out - it actually follows the book. Plus it was filmed at the Stanley Hotel, which inspired the book.

The Haunting (1963 version) Good psychological thriller. I thought the movie did a good job of capturing the eerie quality of the book.

Halloween - the Rob Zombie remake. I liked the additional backstory in the beginning of the film depicting Mike Meyers' deterioration into the monster he became. The kid played the part so well - he has that perfectly deadpan look of the psychopath who feels no remorse regarding his compulsion to kill. The only thing I didn't care for is the girl who plays Laurie. She's annoying as hell and I always find myself wishing she'd get killed.

Honorable mentions:
The Blob
Amityville Horror
Nightmare on Elm Street
The Boneyard
Killer Klowns from Outer Space

The first three scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. The other two are cherished hilarious b-movies
"Whoa! This guy has taffy!"
prosetitute

Postby IloveCEs » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:01 pm

Oh, I almost forgot.

The Grudge was also surprisingly good. The American remake, I mean.
IloveCEs

Postby Devil_youknow » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:07 pm

The Dead Pit just came in the mail today for Netflix.

Never saw it but it looks like good 80's cheese.
Devil_youknow

Postby queenoffckall » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:53 pm

Picked up Paranormal Activity 1 and 2 in preparation for Friday. DYK, I wish you were in my neck of the woods because fucking none of my friends can deal with scary movies, leaving me to go alone. Grrr.

We went to a haunted house thingy recently, and they all flipped out and screamed the whole way through. I was all bored.
queenoffckall

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes