[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - In Other Ohio News...

• Advertisement

In Other Ohio News...

Just like the title says!

In Other Ohio News...

Postby prosetitute » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:37 am

Damn, this state has gone crazy lately. First Amish-on-Amish violence, and now this:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/sto ... 50821092/1

I live about 20 miles from Zanesville and that's where I go for my tax classes and to shop and stuff. I knew about The Wilds but not about this private exotic animal farm. BTW the guy didn't have camels and giraffes. Not sure where they got that info.

BTW - Berg, Scribe, are you still with us? Want to make sure you weren't visiting relatives there when the incident happened.
"Whoa! This guy has taffy!"
prosetitute

Advertisement

Re: In Other Ohio News...

Postby Scribe On Demand » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:11 pm

I'm here. Shit has kinda hit the fan in my den, so I've been a bit MIA here.

Read about this earlier. Really don't know what to think. It's sad, but also, strange. I mean, why leave the cages of the animals open before shooting himself? No note?

This has been a long-ass week. I can't believe it's on Wednesday.

**ETA No relatives of mine were on the preserve. Mine are all safely eating fresh meat elsewhere. :D
2012 - Year of the Lioness

Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupid.
Scribe On Demand

Postby pinkelephant » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:26 pm

Prose I saw that article earlier, and was trying to figure out the oddities myself. Its a damn shame they killed all those animals. I guess there was nothing else they could do, but its still awful.

Scribe, glad to see you weren't visiting up that way! Hope things are better at your house.
pinkelephant

Postby SEO Speedwagon » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:29 pm

Holy shit, fellow kitty... I wondered the same thing when I heard the news.

You gotta love Ohio. Our three largest cities have bedbug epidemics and we have wild African animals roaming the countryside.
SEO Speedwagon

Postby Scribe On Demand » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:59 pm

Scribe On Demand

Postby Page1News » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:32 pm

You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Postby Scribe On Demand » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:31 pm

Scribe On Demand

Postby prosetitute » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:38 pm

Pink, you're not kidding about the animals. They had to put down like 18 tigers. A friend of mine from Zanesville posted a pic on FB then took it down right away b/c it was so graphic. I almost cried when I saw it. I mean, it's sad that they had to kill any of them, but tigers are sooo endangered. :(

My stepdaughter's band director was friends with the guy - they were in Vietnam together. He said he was all kinds of messed up. He'd just recently gotten out of prison and his wife left him. So I guess the last thing on his mind was the safety of his animals or the people in the area.

Beam me up too, please. Every time I watch the news I find myself wondering if maybe I shouldn't dig myself a bunker in the back yard or buy some land out west and become a self-sustaining hermit.
"Whoa! This guy has taffy!"
prosetitute

Postby Scribe On Demand » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:12 pm

Wow. That's crazy you have a link to the dude.

Poor tigers. It pisses me off that the animals had to suffer for him bailing on this life too.

On the other hand, I can understand his mindset given the circumstances he listed. Husband and I are trying to work it out and not get a divorce. Puts you in a bad fucking place when you've given your best and shit just doesn't work. :cry:

<crawling into a ball in the den, waiting for fucking Scotty already>

**ETA: Yes, yes, I'm indulging in a pity party. It's been a bad week, okay? <swigs vodka from the bottle>

Scribe On Demand

Return to Anything Goes