[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Winter is a-comin'

• Advertisement

Winter is a-comin'

Just like the title says!

Re: Winter is a-comin'

Postby CE_ClueBat » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:56 am

Holy crap. Y'all are making me thankful I live in Florida. I don't think I've worn anything but VS panties since I was 16.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Advertisement

Postby SEO Speedwagon » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:16 am

Pink: are you talking about those passive solar heaters that you make with black-painted cans in a frame? My boyfriend is saving cans now to make one of those and I keep telling him he's nuts. But if it really works...

Diva: I feel for you. Cold in Japan is far worse than cold anywhere else. I heard the horror stories about uninsulated apartments in the north and frozen toilet water. I had a heater in my shower and was in Kyushu, so I was spoiled, but it still got fucking cold in the non-heated school where you weren't working hard enough if your hands weren't blue and near frostbitten. The crazy thing is that I wanted to live in Hokkaido. I'm glad they ignored me.

Sisters: I can't live with or without mine. Love her more than anything in the world and want to punch her in the same breath. I think that's just how sisters roll.
SEO Speedwagon

Postby prosetitute » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:32 pm

My sister is 6 years older than me and hated me for being born. She was totally nasty to me until I turned 19 and we lived in an apartment together. Constantly putting me down, making fun of me, etc, etc. She's the main reason I was convinced I was ugly until I was 19 or so. I finally confronted her and told her it was bullshit for her to blame me for the fact that I was my parents' favorite kid. Or that she thought I was, anyway. They weren't really warm fuzzy parents and we both felt like they were always too wrapped up in themselves to pay us much attention.

It makes me sad to think about it b/c I always wanted a big sister who'd look out for me but she never did. We're close now but the old issues pop up from time to time.

As for winter, I hate it. I hate the cold, the snow, and the near-constant grey skies. I would hibernate if I could. The only good thing about the cold months is that I can wear my knee socks.
"Whoa! This guy has taffy!"
prosetitute

Postby pinkelephant » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:38 pm

pinkelephant

Postby gob bluth » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:05 am

I've got three sisters and a bro. We are lucky because all of us are pretty close.

I would do anything for my siblings and I know they would do anything for me.

I was actually talking about this today with a friend. I got really lucky to have the family I have. My parents love all of us. I have a biological father that i'm estranged from but I'm glad because I wouldn't have the dad I have now. My family means a lot to me. It's nice because my husband fits right in. The only time none of us really spoke to my older sister is when she married this asshole. She kinda drifted for awhile and then he cheated on her and that was pretty much it.

As for Texas weather, anyone else get the crazy ass hail last night?!
gob bluth

Postby queenoffckall » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:54 am

queenoffckall

Postby WhatEver » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:13 am

AND... winter has arrived in New England!! Anywhere from a few inches to a foot or more of **SNOW** depending on where you live! It's an early "trick" for Halloween! :shock:

Here's the view from our livingroom window (sorry, the picture's kinda dark - but it is rather dark and dismal here, so it accurately reflects the current weather)...

Seems weird to see colored leaves still on some of the trees, and now SNOW.
Freelance mantra: *Diversify*Diversify*Diversify*
WhatEver

Postby partygirl » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:33 pm

Oh wow!

Whatevs, like your kitty BTW.
partygirl

Postby Scribe On Demand » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:08 pm

Winter? It's winter? You wouldn't know it looking out my window.

It's a sunny 87 degrees where I live. And to be honest, I'm not happy about it. I'm not saying I want the winterpocalypse, but I would love to be somewhere cold with snow on the ground while I'm snuggled under a blanket with a mug of mocha cafe au lait in my hand. Instead, I'm in a tank and shorts wondering if I should turn on the air conditioner or save the money and just make another pitcher of iced tea.

:?
2012 - Year of the Lioness

Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupid.
Scribe On Demand

Postby truthagainst » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:20 pm

I live in the NE, we got no snow at all, and it's 50 right now. I'm okay with that. 8-)
"You see, I have this little policy about honesty and ass-kicking, which is, if you ask for it, then I have to let you have it." - Taylor Mali
truthagainst

Location: That place where Louis CK says people just stand out on their porches and look depressed.

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes