[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Shift in Focus

• Advertisement

Shift in Focus

Just like the title says!

Shift in Focus

Postby Page1News » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:57 pm

Have you guys noticed that, aside from zforum lulz, the topics on here are getting more and more varied and less focused on DMS? I'm enjoying coming here and interacting about non-DMS crap.

I really couldn't give two hoots about DMS anymore, but I do like "conversating" with all of you. Maybe I'm just a weirdo computer user, but I enjoy how we all have grown as a cohesive group that helps and encourages one another.

I don't know. I just feel like there is a different vibe on DSS. I'm just thinking aloud. :D
You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Advertisement

Re: Shift in Focus

Postby CE_ClueBat » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:24 pm

This place is way better than the z forums. I like reading and writing about it, because it's such a train wreck. I don't know how some of those people manage to breathe, and when DMS finally dies off, there will be ultimate lulz. Right now, it's not too bad, but TB is slowly dropping, and I imagine other sites will as well. It will be a train wreck of epic proportions. :lol:

But, the stuff you post and the other helpful "make money" advice is awesome. The zombs post links to some shitty "help" blogs. I keep seeing people suggest textbroker. Really? $3/article? Really? These people are going to underpay themselves into starvation. They are idiots.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby Page1News » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:23 pm

You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Postby CE_ClueBat » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:40 pm

Oh hell yeah, Page. I am thankful for my online writer/editor buddies. I still talk to Jana, who is amazing and helped me with my taxes. The only reason I never got screwed over at Elance was because I befriended a few girls who are smart as a whip, and I applied to one of your job postings recently (we'll see what happens there :D ).

Basically, being smart and surrounding yourself with smart people greatly help your chance of success. The DSSers have been awesome to me, and I'm all about "help me, I owe you one for later..just ask" type person. I think DSSers are 1000x smarter than the people you find in zomb land suggestion textbroker as a way to get away from DMS. Textbroker is actually a downgrade, and the people saying that they work for lower pay now but it's less stressful don't have any real responsibilities.

I bet a lot of your posts in the "Catch All" area are browsed by the people who say DSS is crap. lol

It's kinda funny because I'm reminded of a conversation I had with The Batman. He said his old girlfriends weren't smart and that he wound up not respecting them. He mentioned something about me not pretending to be dumb or something like that, because girls do it thinking they can't outshine a guy. No education, no ambition, etc. Umm yeah, I told him not to worry about that with me. :lol: I think now he wishes he could take my ego down a notch. :lol:
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby Page1News » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:54 pm

Visser, who left DMS quite awhile back, once called me a Power Babe. And it's true. I'm extremely driven, and I wouldn't have it any other way. My husband wouldn't have given me a second look if I had been the dumb, needy type. It also keeps him in line because he knows I would be just fine if we weren't married. :lol:

BTW, Batman, my daughter is into the newest Batman PS3 game. She says this new Batman is "totally buff." I guess I better go spend the 60 bucks so she can oogle Batman's bod. :D
Last edited by Page1News on Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Page1News

Postby Page1News » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:06 pm

Page1News

Postby aphrodite » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:25 pm

I don't really post that much, but I love this forum. The advice here has helped me out a ton wrt starting up my business.

Still slumming it at DMS while it's convenient, just to try and pay off my last bit of student debt, but at least I am thisclose to being able to leave.
aphrodite

Postby Page1News » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:02 pm

Page1News

Postby DMSZombieNoMore » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:36 pm

When I first started at Demand, it was fun and easy. Come up with 20 titles, write them, send an invoice, get a check. Loved it. Then the company my better half worked for closed and it was up to me to earn the money to keep us going until he found a new job (and in Arkansas even with his electrical/mechanical engineering degree, this wasn't easy.) So for almost three years, I wrote 45 to 60 articles a week (often using his expertise for the more difficult home repair articles). When he landed a great job, I literally cried because that meant that I no longer had to write for Demand.

But oh, the pull of those "easy" 15 to 25 buck articles was still strong. I looked at titles almost daily and then would come here and read the posts. You guys are the ones that kept me from going back and for that I will always be grateful.

While you can be crude and crass sometimes, you are all honest. You call things as you see them. I like that.

Oh and I still check titles every now and again, but I end up using the easy ones for my own website - which is where all the 3% abandoned at Demand went. Where they have now earned at the minimum 3 times the amount I would have been paid by DS. So all is well in my world.

I still hang out here cuz, well, you guys are great. And I still read the Demand forums for the simple reason that they are a hoot.
DMSZombieNoMore

Postby queenoffckall » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:58 am

I love all you guys. Most of you guys. Some of you guys. :lol: :lol:

I do enjoy the fuck out of the conversation here, though. People who don't hang in the basement don't know what they're missing.
queenoffckall

Next

Return to Anything Goes