[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Enjoy Thanksgiving; Stop Nickleback

• Advertisement

Enjoy Thanksgiving; Stop Nickleback

Just like the title says!

Enjoy Thanksgiving; Stop Nickleback

Postby The Batman » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:29 pm

You know how it goes every Thanksgiving. After dinner, you or at least some family members, sit down and watch the traditional Thanksgiving day football games. It's a peaceful time you might even fall asleep after the big meal. Now imagine how awful it will be to suddenly hear the worst band in the world. That's right. Nickleback is playing the halftime show.

Join 47,000 others in signing a petition to stop this madness!
"Wait, when is March Madness?" ~CE Cluebat
The Batman

Advertisement

Re: Enjoy Thanksgiving; Stop Nickleback

Postby Devil_youknow » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:57 pm

They have been discussing that a lot on the Detroit morning programs here.....

:D
Devil_youknow

Postby FuckingHostile » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:45 pm

As a native Metro Detroiter from 1977 - 2009, I can tell you that Metro Detroiters like Nickelback. Yes, there are enough detractors to create petitions, but I bet most of the people who are actually AT that game will be happy to see them.

I personally will not be happy to see them on my television as I watch my not-so-beloved Lions probably lose to Green Bay.
"Many a fool has sought to oppose my diabolical will, only to find out later that they probably shouldn't have tried to do that." --Cthulhu
FuckingHostile

Postby 16blue » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:58 pm

LOL, fuckinghostile, I think you're right.

Kinda OT: once, I asked my coworker who his favorite band was. He replied, without hesitation, "Nickleback!"

ETA: **Nickelback (Oh, why bother?)
16blue

Postby truthagainst » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:27 pm

The comments are hilarious.

What's up with that guy's bleached hair? He looks like shit. That's some fugly late '90s hairdo you've got there, idiot. Nickleback once played my college, way before they got this big, and the singer threw a hissy bitch fit. I thought they sucked then, just as much as they do now.

DSS hates Nickleback. :lol:
"You see, I have this little policy about honesty and ass-kicking, which is, if you ask for it, then I have to let you have it." - Taylor Mali
truthagainst

Location: That place where Louis CK says people just stand out on their porches and look depressed.

Postby Page1News » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:31 pm

All those bands/singers sound exactly the same. All the same riffs and that same weirdo monotone voice.
You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Postby Pardon_my_French » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:01 am

Gross

Pardon_my_French

Postby WalkAway » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:34 pm

Lol, I also live in MI and we love our Lions Thanksgiving games. It's part of the Thanksgiving tradition. That having been said, Nickelback is most certainly not part of our Thanksgiving routine. Yeah, there are a lot of Nickelback fans, but most people probably won't be that happy to see them. In fact, if they do end up playing the game, I wouldn't be surprised if they're greeted with boos.

And possibly , too.
WalkAway

Return to Anything Goes