[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Mozilla 8

• Advertisement

Mozilla 8

Just like the title says!

Mozilla 8

Postby DMS Tech Team » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:52 am

I was a Mozilla nut for a while, until Mozilla 5 came around. That shit fucking sucked. Constantly bogged down my computer and fucking crashed, I just DLed Mozilla 8, damn it's nice. No crashes or freezes at all today. I might just switch back until they decide to fuck it up with new updates.
Fixin' web servers, four steps at a time!
DMS Tech Team

Advertisement

Re: Mozilla 8

Postby truthagainst » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:00 pm

I don't think I've had problems in the last couple versions. I just updated it after reading your post, and I will say that was the fastest upgrade ever. Even checking my plugins went fast. If it's gonna be like that, I'll go back to FF. Chrome is nice for its quickness, but FF makes things look nicer and has better plugins.

Hey Chrome, y u no anti-alias @font-face fonts??? Or do box shadows nicely?
"You see, I have this little policy about honesty and ass-kicking, which is, if you ask for it, then I have to let you have it." - Taylor Mali
truthagainst

Location: That place where Louis CK says people just stand out on their porches and look depressed.

Postby The Batman » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:15 pm

Up until last week, I was using Firefox 7. I switched my OS to Linux Mint Debian Edition. Since Debian has yet to update packages for Firefox, I'm back at version 5. This version of it is more stable than I remember it being originally. Spellcheck isn't working, but that's the only major issue.

I've download Chromium (open source, unbranded Chrome) and IceWeasel (an unbranded Debian rebuild of Firefox) this week, but have yet to give them much of a try.

I like my Firefox add-ons so much that it's tough to try another browser seriously
"Wait, when is March Madness?" ~CE Cluebat
The Batman

Postby DMS Tech Team » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:39 pm

The only issue I have read with FF 8 is, like with all FF updates, they slowly integrate the plug-ins into the system. This means some plug-ins may not work but they will come.

Yeah, I got my versions messed up. I mean FF 5 was good, it was 6 and 7 that were nightmares for me and my shitty, outdated-after-a-year Toshiba. I think it's time for an upgrade in that part too. I am debating to just have a professional build it to up-to-date specs or just buy a new one..... Hmmmm. Suggestions?

I could do it myself, but I get angry too quickly and motherboards work too well as Frisbees :).
Fixin' web servers, four steps at a time!
DMS Tech Team

Postby Godwin's Law » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:32 am

I accidentally upgraded to Firefox 8 this morning and I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised. All my add-ons except the ones they killed a few versions ago still work. FF6 and 7 were utter shit. I had to delete my profile almost every time I launched it just to keep from getting that frozen white screen constantly. I work in a web-based platform most of the day and it was just completely unusable.

I do software development and testing so I have 3.6x all the way through the latest. I still think 3.6 was the last version that didn't suck complete ass.

Windows 7 is really not making me too happy either. I have 6 gigs of RAM in my laptop and usually by about 3 pm I will get some huge clusterfuck of out of memory errors that can't be fixed by killing tasks. I can't remember the last time I didn't reboot at least twice a day. Unfortunately, I can't get rid of it completely. I'm about to banish it to its own stupid partition and install Linux and then buy a new Mac to replace my 8 year old PPC mac that died a couple months ago.

I have not been happy at all with the build quality of Toshiba laptops lately. I just bought a Samsung (the one that looks sort of like a ripoff of a MacBook pro but plastic) and it's surprisingly decent. I think I paid like $550 or $600 for it. I should have spent the extra $100 and bough the i7 with 8 gigs of RAM though. Would have probably saved me at least one reboot per day.

But overall, it has good battery life (like 6-ish hours unless I'm compiling), runs super cool, is QUIET (that loud fan whirring sound all day makes me want to die) nice display, good keyboard, multi-touch trackpad, etc.
Godwin's Law

Postby truthagainst » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:52 am

"You see, I have this little policy about honesty and ass-kicking, which is, if you ask for it, then I have to let you have it." - Taylor Mali
truthagainst

Location: That place where Louis CK says people just stand out on their porches and look depressed.

Postby D.H. » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:53 pm

I'm still stuck on FF 3.6, which isn't as old as it seems. They really started messing with their versioning.
D.H.

Return to Anything Goes