[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Now THIS is how you do a "We're happy to announce"

• Advertisement

Now THIS is how you do a "We're happy to announce"

Just like the title says!

Now THIS is how you do a "We're happy to announce"

Postby Ducky » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:55 am

Get to my outside job this morning and everyone is mulling around all happy (they brought in bagels) and a co-worker tells me to go check my email. I opened it and scan over the dreaded words "We're happy to announce..." DMS has struck the fear of jeebus into me over those words. Goes on to say people in X, Y, Z positions (mine in one of 'em) are going to be offered the opportunity to telecommute 3-4 days per week starting the week after Thanksgiving.

It goes on to say to enjoy some bagels, let 'em know if you want to telecommute and have a PC that isn't a piece of shit and go home with pay for the rest of the day while they work on getting everything set up. Oh, and by the way, we want to let you know we're going to be paying holiday bonuses early this year so people can do Black Friday shopping.

Now that's how you treat your workers. :D
Ducky

Advertisement

Re: Now THIS is how you do a "We're happy to announce"

Postby Pardon_my_French » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:48 pm

Pardon_my_French

Postby Ducky » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:07 pm

Dear god, no. I served my time in call center hell. Never again.
Ducky

Postby EnigmaticJack » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:16 pm

You mean you never got your bagels from Demand? They only cost $5 a piece!
'Guys and girls, beware, the berg has warned you.'

Rule number one: The Doctor lies.
EnigmaticJack

Postby Natch » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:27 pm

Demand doesn't give everyone free bagels. It picks out the best article and gives the author a ten-year supply to show how much it values all its freelancers.

That, or you get a discount on your next bagel if you purchase one at full price from Demand Deals.
"It's a naive domestic Burgundy without any breeding, but I think you'll be amused by its presumption."
Natch

Postby Page1News » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:43 pm

Wow, Ducky! It's rare that any company does that stuff nowadays. Compare to my job: We're doubling/tripling up on work with shorter deadlines so that all of you can have Thanksgiving day off.

I worked 40 hours in two days because of our fantastic Turkey vacation day. :roll: Granted, I LOVE my job, but dayum!
You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Postby truthagainst » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:55 pm

Hooray for a workplace that doesn't get all 1984 on its employees!

Demand should be doing another round of unhiring soon, I'll bet. Just in time for Christmas! Happy Holidays!
"You see, I have this little policy about honesty and ass-kicking, which is, if you ask for it, then I have to let you have it." - Taylor Mali
truthagainst

Location: That place where Louis CK says people just stand out on their porches and look depressed.

Return to Anything Goes