[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - More ridiculous questions - this time for gamers

• Advertisement

More ridiculous questions - this time for gamers

Just like the title says!

More ridiculous questions - this time for gamers

Postby partygirl » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:33 pm

OK, gamers, sorry in advance. I have more questions about electronics for my kids for Christmas. We got them a Wii about 3 or 4 years ago and they love it. They play it all the time, especially Mario Cart online (Clue?). Back when we got it, the only remotes available were the plain old remotes, and we got 2 of them. I want to get them 2 more so their friends can play. So I guess I should get the motion plus remotes. So here are the questions:

Will the motion plus remotes fit into the double battery charger we use for the old remotes or do I need to get a charger, too?

Then will I also need to get new Mario Cart Wheels? That's the game they play most.

Do the little upgrade thingies that stick into the old remotes work worth a damn? If I got those for the first two, then all 4 remotes would be motion plus.

I'm sure this one's a no-brainer, but please confrm its a "yes" to the question that the ones on ebay coming from China and costing 1.99 are crap.

Sorry I'm such a dumbass. Thanks in advance.
partygirl

Advertisement

Re: More ridiculous questions - this time for gamers

Postby Camacho » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:07 pm

I don't know about motion plus, but I do know that my husband bough a lot of wii remotes (and the charger) on eBay from Chinese sellers and they work fine. I can't tell the difference. The ones he bought were not as cheap as $1.99, but they were a lot cheaper than buying them from any regular store. They take a long time to arrive though.
"Fuck yeah!"
Camacho

Postby EnigmaticJack » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:55 am

The motion plus controllers are the exact same size and shape as the regular controllers. They just have the 'wii motion plus' addon thing built in. If you want to save a little bit of money and your kids are wanting the new Zelda game, there's a collector's edition for like $10 more that comes with a motion plus controller. There are a few other games (Wii Play Motion) that come bundled with controllers too.

The add-on things work exactly the same as the motion plus in the new controllers. We've got a full set of the old controllers (white, black, blue, pink) with motion plus addons for all of them and they work fine for games that need it. I wouldn't buy the knock-off controllers, though Nyco makes a controller called the 'wand' which looks a little different than the regular controllers but works just as well from what I've heard. There are some knock-off controller sleeves that I've seen on ebay and a few places that are pretty nice if you get the colored controllers; both the blue and the pink ones come with the clear/white controller sleeve, so we picked up a blue one and a pink one online that matched our controllers perfectly (just for aesthetics, tho.)

You can get 2-packs of Mario Kart wheels on amazon for like $10 or less. They come in bags instead of boxes, but they'll work just the same. Just be sure to get the ones that actually look like the official Mario Kart wheels and not some of the other designs; most of the other designs are a pain in the ass to work with and don't have a port in the side for the controller to work through (so you can't use the pointer with that controller without taking it out of the wheel, which isn't always easy.) Just keep in mind that the wheel isn't required to play Mario Kart, since it allows different controller configs. If they like the wheels, tho, it's not that much to get extras.
'Guys and girls, beware, the berg has warned you.'

Rule number one: The Doctor lies.
EnigmaticJack

Postby CE_ClueBat » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:34 pm

I play Wii at my sister's and she got a wii a long time ago. She just switches out batteries. There are chargers? I have no idea what to get her, but that would be a good one.

Gamestop fucked me over. I bought Zelda while I'm here and they offered the controller package. I declined, because she has 4 controllers. Well, they didn't tell me you had to have the motion controller, so I had to go back and of course a new controller is $35. Well, long story short, I didn't bring my receipt or game, so I had to buy the shitty add-on.

The dude was like "yeah, we are supposed to tell you." I fucking hate GameStop.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby partygirl » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:25 pm

The chargers are pretty sweet - you just plop your controllers in there at the end of the day and they charge all night. We have a double controller charger and it has lasted a long time, so far. They pay for themselves because you don't have to constantly buy batteries. But what I don't know is if the controllers will fit correctly in the charger once they have the little motion thingies plugged into the bottom.
partygirl

Postby Groundskeeper Willie » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:03 pm

"Ladies and Gentlemen, this guy gets it." ~thebesig, RIP
Groundskeeper Willie

Postby EnigmaticJack » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:10 pm

I usually rock out with the wheel since it's similar to the control scheme I use with some of the need for speed games. The missus swears by the Gamecube controller.

EnigmaticJack

Postby Groundskeeper Willie » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:24 pm

Now I want to play some Kart. DSS inspires me to waste so much time. I spent like 3 hours watching the Ricky Gervais Show the other night because of Givethemyourworst's post.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, this guy gets it." ~thebesig, RIP
Groundskeeper Willie

Postby EnigmaticJack » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:53 pm

EnigmaticJack

Postby queenoffckall » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:03 am

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
queenoffckall

Next

Return to Anything Goes