[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Rescue Blues

• Advertisement

Rescue Blues

Just like the title says!

Re: Rescue Blues

Postby Water's Fine » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:32 pm

The odds are pretty good I live in the most wintry climate of anyone here, though usually it doesn't get to me till after Christmas. And I'm outside a lot which helps. That and Christmas lights, or any lights, for that matter. But I can get pretty down no matter what the weather, so I don't tend to blame winter. There's still lots of things I like about an intemperate climate.

I can suggest meditation. I probably wouldn't have listened to anyone myself before, as I just thought it wasn't for me. But someone showed me how to do it just once, when I had stopped believing I would ever feel all right again, and it was like magic. But you need someone to guide you at least for that once. I had tried myself and just didn't get it. Now I do it every morning, and while I'm not saying everything is always great, it does free me from getting overwhelmed. There's all this stuff about retraining neural pathways and so on, that made me a believer, too.

Sometimes you just need that one moment to remember that it's possible to feel good again, and that experience with meditation did that for me. Of course, it's not all I did, but it was a big turning point. Something will kick in for you, if you pay attention.
Water's Fine

Advertisement

Postby CE_ClueBat » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:50 am

Zoloft is a SSRI. St. John's Wart, 5HTP, kava kava are great (I've tried them all) etc should not be taken with SSRIs. Just make sure you see a doc, first. This is one of the occasions that the "harmless" herbal remedies can kill you. It can cause serotonin syndrome, and if you read some of the people who actually survived from it, it's not really a fun way to go.

ETA: Oh, also, Vit D is fat soluble, so you can OD on it, so beee careeeful with that too.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby WalkAway » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:18 pm

Yep, Clue is right. I don't take Zoloft or any other SSRI, so I haven't experienced any problems with taking SJW. I definitely don't recommend mixing medications, especially ones that can kill you.

Vit D is one of those things that you really need to be tested for before starting to take the vitamin. If you're already in normal range for D, it is not a good idea to take a high dosage of it, just take a normal one (100% daily value) and that's probably safe. Like Clue said, you can overdose on D, so you have to be careful. Don't ever self-medicate on something that, if used incorrectly, could make you quite sick.

All the vitamin/supplement bottles say to check with a doctor first before using them. That's good advice. If your doctor doesn't know a safe dosage for you for the vitamin/supplement, ask a pharmacist. They've gone to school and studied for years, so they most certainly know their shit.
WalkAway

Postby CE_ClueBat » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:32 pm

I've taken Kava Kava. That's great stuff. It's great if you're just in a shitty mood. Valerian root is awesome when you can't sleep during stress. Also, I've bought Tramadol online, and it has SSRI properties, but it's a shitty painkiller, which is what it's supposed to be used for. It sucks for pain, but holy shit it's GREAT for mood. It's actually the best mood enhancer I've had and it makes you feel SO COOL. I used to study on it when I had chemistry tests, because I'm totally ADD and I could focus. I got totally scammed with the last purchase of Tramadol, but such is life ordering from online pharms.
CE_ClueBat

Postby Devil_youknow » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:58 pm

I plan on drinking my mood enhancer tonight.
Devil_youknow

Postby Water's Fine » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:28 pm

Water's Fine

Postby gob bluth » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:20 am

Thanks for responding, guys. This week has been a bit better but I'm still just feeling blah. I've gone the Zoloft route before. It worked for me and now I'm contemplating getting back on it.

Strangely enough, I did have one of those grape drink relaxation drinks the other day. It did nothing but make me realllyyyy tired, lol.

I've been trying to get outside a little more this week. We have a backyard but I think I'm going to start forcing myself to walk my dog a few times a day. Maybe that will help!
gob bluth

Postby CE_ClueBat » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:16 pm

Gob, definitely go outside more although I can't even get my lazy ass out to run anymore, because I can't stand the cold. I understand totally why people get depressed in the winter. This is god damn depressing unless you're at a ski resort sipping hot cocoa and kahlua and snowboarding for the day. lol

Just take it easy and take a step back and know that it's gonna be ok. Just focus on the goal and ignore the stupid noise. Noise being people who say you can't do it or give you a hard time.
CE_ClueBat

Postby Water's Fine » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:44 am

I should refrain from weather competitions. Someone pointed out today that -5 C and rain feels colder than -20 elsewhere, and that's very true. Also, when it's that cold, the sun is usually out, and you'd be surprised how sparkly that can be.
Water's Fine

Postby Ducky » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:33 am

If you try Kava Kava (which does really help with anxiety for me), try the capsules from this guy here:

http://www.z-eclectic.com

I know his site looks like a shitty ESL spammer, but his prices are good, plus he's good people and will hook you up. Clue can vouch.

ETA: Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but if you take St. John's Wort just be aware it can decrease the effectiveness of some birth control pills if you're on them.
Ducky

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes