• Advertisement

Just a Warning

Just like the title says!

Just a Warning

Postby Lee » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:06 pm

I just want to give some of you out there a heads-up to be careful so you don't make the same stupid mistake that I did. Just for background info,I don't smoke pot (it requires this little thing called "free time" that I seem to lack). But I have smoked pot many times before, among other things, and I don't consider myself a lightweight when it comes to most drugs.

On Christmas Day my cousin pops up with a joint rolled up with some form of legal pot he called "Spice." I agreed to try it out. About 10 seconds after I had my first hit, I dropped to the ground and had a seizure. I remained conscious throughout and I have never experienced anything like this in my life. I forgot my own name. My own fucking name. I forgot my girlfriend's name. I didn't know where I was. I kept wondering when the people standing around me were going to call 911 or take me to the hospital. I knew without a doubt that I was dying, and I felt so guilty for all the pain my family was going to suffer on account of one dumb choice.

I started losing my grip on more and more mental material. For about a solid minute I forgot the English language. I couldn't think in words anymore because I had no words. I remember thinking to myself that I was losing my words and then realizing that I didn't know what words were. Keep in mind I'm still seizing while this is going on. They had me on a bed by this point and one half of my body was jerking uncontrollably. I remember my aunt holding me down (with the free hand that didn't have a deathgrip on her glass of vodka) and saying "It's just a panic attack. He'll be fine."

It was not a panic attack. Panic attacks don't make you forget who you are. This was ten times worse than the worst acid trip I have ever had. I started to get my mind back after 10 minutes or so, but that takes the cake as the single scariest experience I have ever had. I found out after the fact that marijuana contains chemicals that prevent psychosis while smoking, Spice does not. I smoked with about 8 other people and all of them were fine. I was the only one who went down like a rock and I only had one hit.

I'm not telling you what to do. We're all adults here. I'm only mentioning this so that those of you here who would be inclined to try this stuff know what the risks are. I got lucky. I found out after the fact (and after some research) that I'm not the only one who had that nightmarish experience, and that some people don't live through it – even if they've done it before and been just fine. Just be careful, that's all.
Obadiah: Tony Stark was able to build this in a Cave! With a box of scraps!
Engineer: I'm not Tony Stark.
Lee

Advertisement

Re: Just a Warning

Postby disgruntled » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:23 am

We did a ride-along with the local police department not too long ago... they mentioned a number of similar issues with both Spice and something, also legal, called Bath Salts. Sounds like some seriously bad shit, and not in a good way. Glad you (hopefully) seem to be okay.
disgruntled

Postby EnigmaticJack » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:52 am

I think I'll just stick with good safe illegal drugs.
'Guys and girls, beware, the berg has warned you.'

Rule number one: The Doctor lies.
EnigmaticJack

Postby CE_ClueBat » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:13 am

I thought they banned spice? I don't think that's legal anymore.

Lee, are you sure you didn't take Salvia? That really sounds like Salvia.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby EnigmaticJack » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:06 am

I hate salvia. I smoked the shit out of some salvia and didn't get shit for an effect. Fucking salvia.
'Guys and girls, beware, the berg has warned you.'

Rule number one: The Doctor lies.
EnigmaticJack

Postby CE_ClueBat » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:16 am

I almost tried it, but I chickened out, because a bud told me that I should probably pass if I get paranoid on regular drugs. The fact that he said it only lasted 10 minutes and he just went into weirdo seizure mode makes me think it was Salvia and his bro got fucked over on what he bought.
CE_ClueBat

Postby Lee » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:33 pm

Spice is illegal in a lot of states, but not all. My family lives in Alabama and my cousin's girlfriend's father drove across the border to Georgia, where its apparently still legal, and bought it at a tobacco shop. They said it was Spice but I can't be sure because I never saw the actual package.

Either way, I've learned my lesson. What blows my mind is that I'm laying there on the ground doing the grand mal dance and my family didn't seem all that alarmed. I was embarrassed as hell though when I started to straighten up. I doubt I'll live this one down.
Obadiah: Tony Stark was able to build this in a Cave! With a box of scraps!
Engineer: I'm not Tony Stark.
Lee

Postby CE_ClueBat » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:38 pm

hmmm that's weird Lee. I really don't think you got spice, but you would know better than I would. It sounds like a Salvia trip.

Bluelight.ru has a trip reports section where you can search and read user's experiences for both, if you're interested at all. Your story is enough to make me not want to try it. lol Seizures are scary shit.
CE_ClueBat

Postby Page1News » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:24 pm

Wow. Glad you're OK. A great case for sticking to Mother Nature's gifts. BTW, street pot is way worse than natural, wild-grown, and genips (Caribbean fruit) are the bomb! (Or so I'm told)
You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Postby queenoffckall » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:09 pm

I've never had a reaction like that with Salvia, or even a paranoid reaction. I always (the handful of times I've done it) thought I was on a fucking space station and had Daft Punk's "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" playing on loop in my head. EJ, you might have had a really weak strain.

That said, duly noted, Lee.
queenoffckall

Next

Return to Anything Goes