[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Honesty...

• Advertisement

Honesty...

Just like the title says!

Honesty...

Postby DMS Tech Team » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:37 pm

So my newest client that just signed me to a really big fucking contract sent me my first payment. It was supposed to be just a little one, as it was just for a test article and a days worth of researching. I was supposed to get $232.50, but the accidentally sent me $412.50.

I doubt they even noticed it, but me, being the honest fucking person I am, emailed them to alert them of the error or to see if they sent me the extra $180 for something else.

My question is should I have just kept my fucking mouth shut or did I do it right? I am in a pretty big financial pinch, but I feel awful if I take something I didn't earn. Hell, I accidentally took a random person;s pen a week ago and felt like a piece of shit for days lol. To the point that I almost went back to the place I got the pen and returned it to the girl. :roll: :roll: :roll:

FYI, they haven't responded to my email yet. Probably won't until the 2nd.
Fixin' web servers, four steps at a time!
DMS Tech Team

Advertisement

Re: Honesty...

Postby DMS Tech Team » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:19 pm

DMS Tech Team

Postby CE_ClueBat » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:22 am

Besides your conscience, what happens if he does figure it out, ya know? Maybe my morals suck, but if DMS sent me extra money, I'd be like "Fuck you assholes for everything you've done" and keep it. I wouldn't feel guilty at all. If a small shop guy sent me too much, I'd definitely give it back. I'd feel like a dick if I didn't.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby DMS Tech Team » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:47 pm

lol if DMS paid me more than I was supposed to get, I wouldn't say a goddamn word lol.
DMS Tech Team

Postby CE_ClueBat » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:33 pm

Yeah, I know. I think pretty much anyone would fuck over DMS if given a chance. :lol:

It's kinda interesting to me that DMS is such a young company and yet so many people despise them. Their editors, writers, readers, other webmasters, the industry and even some of their ex IT staff. There are so many people who would love to see that place burn to the ground. I totally understand why. They have treated so many people poorly and done some shady stuff to others (we basically lift and rewrite others content, and if you don't, you won't get paid, so we're forced to plagiarize basically).
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby Page1News » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:29 pm

You did the right thing.

In my early 20s, I was overpaid by about $400. Like a young and dumb idiot, I thought, "Hey -- free money!" And spent it. Two weeks later, when the next payday came around, I was asked to return the $400 that mistakenly was paid to me. I felt like a complete fool when I had to tell them I had to make two monthly payments. I guess I was lucky I didn't get fired over it.
You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Postby DMS Tech Team » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:45 pm

Okay, crisis over. Turns out it was a legit payment, they just paid me earlier than expected for work I did last week, which I was not figuring on getting payment for until mid-January. Phew.
DMS Tech Team

Postby EnigmaticJack » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:18 pm

Yay, expedient payment!
'Guys and girls, beware, the berg has warned you.'

Rule number one: The Doctor lies.
EnigmaticJack

Postby DMS Tech Team » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:34 pm

DMS Tech Team

Postby undercover » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:42 am

So, you've got a win/win here. They know you are conscientious and honest, and you know they pay up without a fight. You each see the other as a 'keeper.'
undercover

Return to Anything Goes