[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - The "Let's Get In Shape" Thread, 2012 Edition

• Advertisement

The "Let's Get In Shape" Thread, 2012 Edition

Just like the title says!

The "Let's Get In Shape" Thread, 2012 Edition

Postby Da Boyz » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:23 am

Haven't been around that much lately, either here or the DMS forums; travel, tragedy and work have kept me otherwise occupied. I do have a goal that I'm working on, however, and to see that goal through I'm going to have to get in a bit better shape than I'm in at the moment.

As some of you may have surmised from my userpic at the DMS forums, I've been known to do a bit of fencing in my day. It's been a few years since I've done much with it, but back when I was an active competitor I was decent at the very least.

Unfortunately, when life took precedence over fencing I was left with one dream unfulfilled. When browsing the US Fencing website recently I realized that I didn't want to look back on my life and wonder what it would be like... I want to see that dream through, so that one day I can tell my daughter that it's worth the effort that it takes to reach your dreams.

By the end of 2012, I will enter and compete in one of the North American Cup events hosted by the US Fencing Association.

Of course, before that can happen I need to get back into shape and get my endurance up since having a heart attack and dying on the piste would probably be considered bad form. ;)

The current plan is to practice with a friend when I can (who may or may not join me at the NA Cup, depending on how scheduling goes) and to get in some rapier practice when I can't find someone to practice Olympic weapons with. I'm already walking and jogging a bit, so I'm going to add weights to my routine and dig out my wrist and ankle weights to get a bit more of a benefit from my walks and my practices.

What about everyone else? What's your inspiration to better yourself in 2012? What plans do you have?

Oh, and DMS readers can feel free to make a corresponding thread in the other forum if they don't feel comfortable taking part in the conversation here.
Da Boyz

Advertisement

Re: The "Let's Get In Shape" Thread, 2012 Edition

Postby Devil_youknow » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:12 am

Devil_youknow

Postby Da Boyz » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:29 pm

Da Boyz

Postby Devil_youknow » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:23 pm

Devil_youknow

Postby CE_ClueBat » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:28 pm

I've been sick and lost weight, so today I ate 2 pieces of homemade pizza and an ice cream cupcake. lol I stood up to beat the final bosses in zelda. Does that count as exercise? lol

As soon as I get back to normal weather, I'm back to boot camp. I don't really have an issue exercising. I like to do it after work, but I have a problem with food. I love food. lol It's so frustrating exercising and not losing weight. The weird thing is as soon as I stop exercising, I lose weight. @@ The body gods hate me.

I'ma just lipo it dammit. I have a few spots I hate. I'm gonna lipo it and be done with it. Laser lipo. You're in, then out and back to work in a day.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby Water's Fine » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:58 pm

Water's Fine

Postby Page1News » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:14 am

I've had several abdominal surgeries that have left me with very weak lower ab muscles. And two pregnancies have left me with a squishy pouchy area that WILL NOT go away. I'd do lipo in a heartbeat if I wasn't afraid of some quack leaving me more deformed.

My goal is to do Zumba everyday until I feel good and like how I look. And then there's my smoking ... it's gotta go. My most recent trip was the most physically intensive trip I've had since I was in my 20s. It made me realize that my lung capacity HAS to increase. I can't see myself dragging an oxygen tank as I hike through rainforest jungles. :roll:
You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Postby CE_ClueBat » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:09 am

CE_ClueBat

Postby Devil_youknow » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:19 am

Clue don't do it. Everybody has spots on their body they hate but it's not worth plastic surgery-ing yourself into perfection. Your gorgeous, you're switched on baby. If you start the plastic fantastic, you'll end up looking like one of the Real Housewives of Whatever. Those ladies look like freaks. Let's all encourage each other to get into shape on our own terms.

All the mutual hatred for the "good luck CE" must have made me all kumbaya over here. But seriously, I've seen plastic surgery gone wrong. Almost looked up and posted a few pics, then realized I just ate breakfast and ain't no way I wanted to see those pics.
Devil_youknow

Postby CE_ClueBat » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:09 am

LOL oh yeah I have seen those sites. I watch 90210 reruns and poor tori spelling got wonk boobs.
CE_ClueBat

Next

Return to Anything Goes