[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Need Computer Help!

• Advertisement

Need Computer Help!

Just like the title says!

Need Computer Help!

Postby Gary Busey for CE » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:07 pm

Okay, so I'm not exactly a computer-savvy person. (I'm Gary fucking Busey after all...) In fact, I'm so clueless when it comes to computers and how to fix problems with them that I'm shocked DS hasn't hired me as a Tech editor. Maybe my junk folder swallowed their email. Anyway...

I have a PC. Windows 7. Firefox. Yesterday, Firefox updates itself. Whatever. But now, any time I try to open a pdf through Firefox, it shows up for a split second and then I get the silver screen of death with that goddamn frowny face fucker saying Adobe Reader crashed. Reload- same thing. I've cleared the cache, rebooted, tried to update both Firefox and Adobe (both say they're fully up to date) and meanwhile, I'm having a bitch of a time finding sources for articles because I can't open pdf files. I could always use IE for pdf purposes but that's just fucking lame. (Plus, my IE doesn't open it in the window and instead opens a separate Adobe Reader window for the pdf, which is annoying.)

Any suggestions on what to try to fix this is greatly appreciated. Tried Google and thus far, nada. I haven't tried eHow, in case you're wondering. :lol:
-------
I was in "Lethal Weapon," dammit.
Gary Busey for CE

Advertisement

Re: Need Computer Help!

Postby EnigmaticJack » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:19 am

I see you tried logging out, clearing the cache, and logging back in, and rebooting the computer. Must be hackers. Probably from DSS.
'Guys and girls, beware, the berg has warned you.'

Rule number one: The Doctor lies.
EnigmaticJack

Postby Gary Busey for CE » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:44 am

-------
Gary Busey for CE

Postby CE_ClueBat » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:20 pm

Gads. Bugs. Adobe has made the PDF reader so sluggish. I'm starting to hate the shit.

It's probably a bug with the update. I'm afraid the best thing to do is try another browser and wait for all the bitching from others that pushes Adobe and/or Mozilla to fix the bug. You could try updating Adobe, too and see if that works.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby The Batman » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:27 pm

Try a different PDF reader?

"Wait, when is March Madness?" ~CE Cluebat
The Batman

Postby Devil_youknow » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:43 pm

PayPal glitch.
Devil_youknow

Postby Gary Busey for CE » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:26 pm

Batman for the win!

:)

Thanks, Foxit Reader solved the issue. (Hadn't heard of it before.) Took me a sec to figure out how to get it to read in-window instead of opening a separate box but it's all good now. I think the issue is a compatibility problem between the updated Firefox browser and the Adobe plugin but again, what the fuck do I know?

Thanks for the suggestions and humor, guys. Always appreciated.
-------
Gary Busey for CE

Postby Water's Fine » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:46 am

I've been having that problem too, but I thought it was because my computer's getting worn out. I'm not as computer-savvy as Gary Busey. Every time Firefox updates it's less appealing, with new problems, and usually I love Firefox.

Foxit Reader. Got it.
Water's Fine

Return to Anything Goes