[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - "Fun" New Year Resolutions? Anyone?

• Advertisement

"Fun" New Year Resolutions? Anyone?

Just like the title says!

"Fun" New Year Resolutions? Anyone?

Postby Devil_youknow » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:34 pm

I'm trying to come up with some "fun" resolutions this year. Y'know, new activities, new experiences etc.

Problem is, thanks to the dullness of 2011 my mind is blank. Last year I spent working, nothing but work work, work. I felt like I was hunched over a computer deep in marketing campaigns the entire year. I forgot to have any fun whatsoever and lost myself in the process.

Any ideas for fun new activities this year? And no making fun of zombies doesn't count. That's work too. :D
Devil_youknow

Advertisement

Re: "Fun" New Year Resolutions? Anyone?

Postby truthagainst » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:03 pm

Mine are all boring. I've resolved to finally start eating healthy (yeah fuckin' right) and pump up my JavaScript skills. The two are kind of diametrically opposed to one another. :?

How about putting together a fun project? Like a funny blog or something. Or what about just being fabulous? :P It's such a cliche, but new hair and outfits make me all giddy. What about a new tat? "DMS Forevah" across your chest, like a rap star? :lol:
"You see, I have this little policy about honesty and ass-kicking, which is, if you ask for it, then I have to let you have it." - Taylor Mali
truthagainst

Location: That place where Louis CK says people just stand out on their porches and look depressed.

Postby Pardon_my_French » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:25 am

I've resolved to stop caring.

Pardon_my_French

Postby Water's Fine » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:33 am

Water's Fine

Postby Devil_youknow » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:08 am

Ha! Love this forum for you people. Seriously, you guys know how to make a sista laugh.

Truth, I am totally a girl so new hair, etc always makes me happy. Have fun with Java, I'm trying to learn French (and lose weight too). But I'm really trying to get away from work and meet some fun people, and start enjoying this thang called life. (Oh and you, with your pretty features and red hair would look fabulous with a Thug Life tattoo). Do it. :D

Froggy and Water, you're right. Giving a damn has really screwed me up. Once I started giving a damn I started clenching my jaw and now have suffered through 8 damn effing years of face pain cause of it. Damn giving a damn. From now on my mantra shall be "WTF"?
Devil_youknow

Postby truthagainst » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:22 am

Aaaaack! JavaScript != Java!!! Blah blah, EMCA script, blah blah, '90s, Netscape, BLAH. But I forgive you.

If I got a thug life tattoo, I'd be totally hipster. But sometimes I think it would be totally rad to get half-sleeves, go red again and be one of those cool-looking metal chicks. Only thing I can't do is the piercings. I even let my classic ear piercings grow in some years back.

French is cool. I used to take it in middle school and was teased/lectured on its uselessness. But my new best bud from work, also my neighbor, he was telling me his dad's African. Then we got to talking about it, and he said a lot of his relatives use French a lot. So actually, duh, French is kind of global. Plus after years of on and off Japanese study, I'm jealous of people who speak languages that actually share a family with other languages. Fucking language isolates, y u no share any words?!

Back to resolutions, though. I officially resolve to re-resolve to eat healthier and exercise more. Extra weight on a short girl doesn't look good. Yesterday I actually bought food-food instead of junk food, and I cooked, but it wasn't exactly healthy. I guess I'll start today.
"You see, I have this little policy about honesty and ass-kicking, which is, if you ask for it, then I have to let you have it." - Taylor Mali
truthagainst

Location: That place where Louis CK says people just stand out on their porches and look depressed.

Postby Devil_youknow » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:23 am

Devil_youknow

Postby Lee » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:00 am

My resolution: To win a bet with my gf who said I couldn't get an article published in a cat magazine. Game. Fucking. On.

And just for reference ladies, curvy is far, far hotter than skinny. I'd go so far as to say most men would probably agree with me on that count.
Obadiah: Tony Stark was able to build this in a Cave! With a box of scraps!
Engineer: I'm not Tony Stark.
Lee

Postby Devil_youknow » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:56 am

Devil_youknow

Postby Pardon_my_French » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:19 am

Yay for learning French.

There are an estimated 220 million French speakers worldwide.
French is the 9th most widely spoken language on the planet and the only one, together with English, to be spoken on all five continents.
60% of French speakers are under 30 years old
French is the 3rd most widely used language on the Web with 5% of Internet pages, after English (45%) and German (7%) and ahead of Spanish (4.5%).
There are an estimated 900,000 French teachers worldwide.
96.2 million French-speakers in Africa
March 20, 1970 saw the birth an intergovernmental organisation of French-speaking nations, with the creation in Niamey (Niger), of the Agency of Cultural and Technical Cooperation. This organisation adopted a new Charter of Francophony in 2005 and was renamed the International Organisation of La Francophonie (IOF) as it is still known today.
The IOF has 75 States and governments (including 19 observers) across the five continents.
IOF’s community : 890 million people
In 2008, the IOF’s 75 States and governments represented a total of 890 million people, or 13% of the world’s population.
The French-speaking zone accounts for 19% of world trade in goods
With 18.9% of world exports and 19% of world imports, French-speaking countries account for 19% of world trade in goods
French is an official language in 32 member states
French is either the official language, or one of the official languages in 32 of the IOF’s member states, governments or observers.
French is the second most widely spoken mother tongue (16%) after German (23%) and ahead of English (15.9%) in the European Union
French is the 2nd most widely spoken foreign language (19%) after English (41%) and ahead of German (10%) and Spanish (7%) in the European Union.

Pardon_my_French

Next

Return to Anything Goes