[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Oh, the DMV..it's just like Family Guy

• Advertisement

Oh, the DMV..it's just like Family Guy

Just like the title says!

Oh, the DMV..it's just like Family Guy

Postby CE_ClueBat » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:20 pm

I went to the DMV, because my license expired. The chick who is supposed to be the front desk girl doesn't even look up when I walk in. I'm looking around like an idiot, because I have no idea WTF I'm supposed to do. I just need a fucking license.

I go over to talk to her, and she just keeps drawing on this book thing. She then tells me there's a new law to get a license and oh it's 4:30pm and even though they don't close until 5pm, they probably don't have time to process me. There's literally 2 people in line. But, doesn't matter anyway, because now I need 39037503 docs to prove I'm me. OK, but then in the middle of talking to me, she takes a phone call from her friend and proceeds to talk to her for a few minutes while I stand there.

It was directly out of that Family Guy episode when Peter has the long trashy nails and picks up the phone and tells Laquanda he only has 10 people on hold so yeah, he can talk.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Advertisement

Re: Oh, the DMV..it's just like Family Guy

Postby CE_ClueBat » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:16 am

I have to drug test for this new job, and they require a license. I'm rolling the dice that no one will notice the expired license and cross my fingers I can get in. These people are incompetent, but with my luck, the one thing they do right that day is notice my expired license.
CE_ClueBat

Postby CE_ClueBat » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:25 pm

w00t! I got in. What better way to celebrate the completion of a drug test than taking some drugs.
CE_ClueBat

Postby DMS Tech Team » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:01 am

Fixin' web servers, four steps at a time!
DMS Tech Team

Postby truthagainst » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:28 pm

Yeah I'm so glad I don't have to deal with the DMV much, because I can't stand that place. But I feel your pain, because I've been dealing with the welfare office for, like, six weeks now. They mish-mashed about three people with my same name together. Thank gawd I got a job finally, because I was about to lose it hard.

Y'know for identification purposes, I don't think anyone cars if your ID is expired. That's just for driving. I know you already got your piss test, but yeah, I've had to use my license all over the place, and it expired a month ago.

Ever see the SNL skit that's like a "Government Workers Awards" or something? That's hilarious. Try to find it on Hulu. You'll laugh. ;)
"You see, I have this little policy about honesty and ass-kicking, which is, if you ask for it, then I have to let you have it." - Taylor Mali
truthagainst

Location: That place where Louis CK says people just stand out on their porches and look depressed.

Postby truthagainst » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:44 pm

"You see, I have this little policy about honesty and ass-kicking, which is, if you ask for it, then I have to let you have it." - Taylor Mali
truthagainst

Location: That place where Louis CK says people just stand out on their porches and look depressed.

Postby CE_ClueBat » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:41 am

The only reason I care about the license is because I need to get a SS card because my dumb ass lost the LAST one she had to get as a replacement. lol

Bats says it's because of illegal immigrants, but I have no idea. They made it a huge PITA to get a license. The new laws are from 2010, and I guess if you ordered your license online the last time, you're forced to go in the next time. It's fucking retarded. Then, you need 2 proofs of your home address, 1 of your social and then 1 for your ID.
CE_ClueBat

Postby truthagainst » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:11 pm

truthagainst

Return to Anything Goes