[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Looking for new laptop recommendations

• Advertisement

Looking for new laptop recommendations

Just like the title says!

Re: Looking for new laptop recommendations

Postby partygirl » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:09 am

My husband has an office-issued Dell and it gets so hot it will melt the plastic covering on a 3-ring binder. It's pretty old at this point, though.
partygirl

Advertisement

Postby WalkAway » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:05 am

WalkAway

Postby The Batman » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:29 am

The best place for Mint-specific tutorials is Mint's site. The first time you boot, you'll see a Welcome screen. It has links to all the Mint support options. If you can't find what you need there, you can probably find something on debian.org or ubuntu.com. Mint is downstream from both of those distributions and most of the under-the-hood stuff works the similarly.

I don't know much of anything about advanced power settings. My laptop battery has always been fairly worthless in Linux and Windows, so the laptop is always plugged in. The usual advice for extending battery life is to use a lightweight desktop environment, but I'd test the life with the default desktops before going that route.
"Wait, when is March Madness?" ~CE Cluebat
The Batman

Postby Water's Fine » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:31 am

Water's Fine

Postby 420Writer » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:43 am

I broke my last laptop on a trip... Dropped it off the steps from the plane.. *DOH*!

I spent all my "extra" money on that trip... so I was BROKE!
I got a new Compaq for just over $300. I totally love the thing.

DISCLAIMER: I'm so not a techy... just know what I like.
420Writer

Postby WalkAway » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:46 pm

WalkAway

Postby The Batman » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:24 am

"Wait, when is March Madness?" ~CE Cluebat
The Batman

Previous

Return to Anything Goes