[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Dumb ebay question

• Advertisement

Dumb ebay question

Just like the title says!

Dumb ebay question

Postby CE_ClueBat » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:07 am

So, I sold my first item on ebay. YAY. Gonna sell more, but I've got a dumb question. It sold yesterday. You guys were right. I put it up for cheap and on the last day I got 4 bids. lol So, I woke up and have it in my sold list.

It says "Send Invoice" and it's sitting in my "Waiting to be paid" section. Do I send an invoice? Or do I let them choose a shipping price and wait for the buyer to pay? I offered 2 types of shipping for 2 different prices, so that's why I ask. If I invoice, it shows me both shipping prices, and I don't know which one to choose, because it just sold yesterday. I set up 48 hours turnaround for shipping and handling, so I have time to wait.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Advertisement

Re: Dumb ebay question

Postby partygirl » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:14 am

I have never offered shipping options so I'm not sure the best way. Maybe you should send them a message asking them to choose an option? Or does an invoice have a place for shipping options? Sorry I'm not any help.
partygirl

Postby CE_ClueBat » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:52 pm

I'll do that. I'm such an ebay noob.
CE_ClueBat

Postby partygirl » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:28 pm

Me too, really. Hopefully at some point today they checked their account, saw they won and paid for the item. Then you won;t have tp deal with it. Uh oh, wine typing has begunb.
partygirl

Postby Fixer-Upper » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:12 am

I've never offered shipping options either, but I'd say just email the buyer to see which option he wants and then send the invoice for that one.

I've sold quite a bit on eBay. Not that I'm an expert, but if you have any other questions, I'm happy to give some input. I've found shipping to be the most complicated part of the whole process, though printing the postage online makes the process easier.
Nothin' from nothin' leaves nothin' / And I'm not stuffin' / Believe you me / Don't you remember I told ya / I'm a soldier in the war on poverty.
-Billy Preston
Fixer-Upper

Postby CE_ClueBat » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:37 am

I think I'll just switch to standard shipping on the next sales. This buyer is a noob too. Only 1 review. Sent a message yesterday, so I'll see what happens.

Does ebay give the buyer a certain amount of time? I'm just gonna throw it back up obviously if the buyer doesn't pay, but I'm assuming ebay has a time frame they give the buyer to pay?
CE_ClueBat

Postby Fixer-Upper » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:25 am

eBay doesn't give the buyer a certain amount of time to pay. The seller gets to decide that. If the buyer doesn't pay within a certain amount of time, you can open a case against them (I think you do it through the Resolution Center within eBay...the name is something like that). You can also set it up where after a set amount of time, eBay will automatically open a case (I believe it would be through site preferences under your eBay account tab) using the Unpaid Item Assistant. Anyway, all that really happens is that eBay then doesn't charge you any of their fees associated with selling the item. I generally give the buyer a week to pay.

My husband and I like to buy stuff at garage sales and resell it on eBay. It's a fun little hobby that makes us a few bucks. We bought this 1960s Ouija board and had to keep relisting it because people would buy it and not pay. It happened like four times before someone actually paid for it. Must have been the bad juju.
Nothin' from nothin' leaves nothin' / And I'm not stuffin' / Believe you me / Don't you remember I told ya / I'm a soldier in the war on poverty.
-Billy Preston
Fixer-Upper

Postby Devil_youknow » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:52 am

Yeah I generally give them about a week too, along with a communication that their item will be shipped after payment is received. I've never had anyone skip out on a payment so far.
Devil_youknow

Postby partygirl » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:35 pm

I had to open a case against someone who didn't pay. I think I opened it on the fourth or fifth day, after I had sent them two very polite messages asking them to just let me know what their intentions were, and they never responded. I didn't wait too long because it was a holiday item and it would have been too late to get any bids if the holiday got too close. I don't know what ebay did, maybe sent them a message reminding the of the bidding policies? I did get paid a couple of days later.
partygirl

Postby CE_ClueBat » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:27 pm

Thanks a lot guys. I will give them a week. It's not a lot of money and doesn't need to get done now, but it was my biggest one out of the 5-6 one I put up to test how it went. Murphy's Law I get the noob who wins the bid. lol
CE_ClueBat

Return to Anything Goes