[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Anyone else avoid old people when taking IT projects?

• Advertisement

Anyone else avoid old people when taking IT projects?

Just like the title says!

Anyone else avoid old people when taking IT projects?

Postby CE_ClueBat » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:14 am

Unless it's my grandma, I don't want to deal with old people. There is an Elance project up from an old lady who wrote some "phplist" (whatever that is) and wants someone to integrate it into her website and train her on how to use it with SEO. She says she knows HTML. Yeah, I'll pass.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Advertisement

Re: Anyone else avoid old people when taking IT projects?

Postby truthagainst » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:14 pm

Noooo!!! Don't do it! They'll rape your ears with dumb!

Seriously, I had a website I did for an old man, and his slightly younger buddy. Oh. My. Fuck. So needy. These are also the people who call customer service where I work and have no idea what a PDF is or how to get to the site they just bought shit from. Total fail. :roll:
"You see, I have this little policy about honesty and ass-kicking, which is, if you ask for it, then I have to let you have it." - Taylor Mali
truthagainst

Location: That place where Louis CK says people just stand out on their porches and look depressed.

Postby WalkAway » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:44 pm

Some old people are actually pretty decent to work with. They tend to pay well and give lots of praise for even the most basic stuff.

Then again, some are really needy and annoying as fuck to deal with. I can usually spot this a mile away...so I won't bother putting in a proposal.

So yeah, it's a mixed bag, I guess.
WalkAway

Postby Water's Fine » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:57 pm

You just can't tell from things like age, gender, occupation. Not even education, really.
Water's Fine

Postby Camacho » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:54 pm

"Fuck yeah!"
Camacho

Postby Water's Fine » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:53 pm

Yes, you have to figure out the code for your own business. The only thing I can go by is, if they're in a big hurry, they're only window-shopping. I don't know why it is, but the more eager they are, and the more urgent -- forget it. Even that theory -- one time it was genuine. One time. So it's not a foolproof theory.
Water's Fine

Return to Anything Goes