• Advertisement

Starting a Baking Blog

Just like the title says!

Starting a Baking Blog

Postby gob bluth » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:57 pm

So one of my passions is baking. I love it. I would never do it for a living but I do love it. I've had friends tell me to start a blog so I can post recipes and videos of the stuff I make. Sounds like a cool idea. The problem is that I haven't found a decent blogging platform. I'm not doing it for money but just to give some far away friends recipes ect. So I'm looking at free blogging sites.

I've come across tumblr. I hate it. It lags, doesn't give me many uploading options on my phone, and looks horrible. I've tried Wordpress but I'm not so great with that one either.

Anyone know of a blogging site that offers easy picture and video uploading from my phone? I'm not investing a ton of time in this thing but I at least want it to look decent, lol.
gob bluth

Advertisement

Re: Starting a Baking Blog

Postby WalkAway » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:12 pm

One of my new, higher paying gigs involves reviewing the features of various software solutions. This week I've been looking at website builders/blog software. If you've already tried WordPress (which I use for most of my sites and am pretty satisfied with) you might want to give Yola a shot. From what I understand, they have both free and paid services, and it seems like uploading media is fairly easy with it.
WalkAway

Postby CE_ClueBat » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:17 pm

I honestly think WordPress is the best blogging platform, and it's easy to install on your own domain. You just need a Linux hosting environment with a mySQL option (the database).

Best themes IMO are from themeforest.com.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby gob bluth » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:06 pm

Thanks guys!

I'll head on over to the cooking humans thread now:)
gob bluth

Return to Anything Goes