[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Demand Studios Sucks - The Future

• Advertisement

Demand Studios Sucks - The Future

Got a problem with the website? Something you think we need? Idea for another forum? Post it here for Patrick.

Demand Studios Sucks - The Future

Postby Patrick » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:59 am

So...

I'm really pleased with all the traffic and interest the site has drummed up.

I thought there was a marketplace that needed to be served and it turned out I was right.

Now...the question is....DSS has now gathered together a group of, i don't think i'm blowing smoke up your asses here, fairly talented writers...

Any ideas for a site?
Patrick

Advertisement

Re: Demand Studios Sucks - The Future

Postby givethemyourworst » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:19 pm

You could always turn DSS into more of a group project with guest article writers. That is, if there's an interest.

givethemyourworst

Postby jekhyl » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:31 pm

I'm all for a "creative" branch. Although, there's probably not as much of a market for that as there is for blogging or articles.
Why? Because FUCK YOU, that's why.
jekhyl

Postby Elliot » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:04 pm

Formerly Hak.
Woke up this morning, got myself a gun.
Elliot

Postby marsha » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:58 am

Not a huge market, certainly, but a nice little niche.
marsha

Postby Ten Fingers Typing » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:03 pm

There's something to pull from all of this. Somehow... Ha ha. A collective, ongoing "experience" with different aspects of DS with the CEs, zombies, photo library review process, etc. It's all good stuff. And we're not making it up!

It's like the "other side" of DS or something. Dark side. Far side. Under side. Something.
------

karla
Ten Fingers Typing

Postby disCONTENTed » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:05 pm

I'm late coming to the party here. I haven't been clicking much on the off-topic stuff.

Patrick, I'm not sure what you're asking. Sounds like you may have something in mind already. What might that be? Maybe we can use it as a springboard to other possibilities.
disCONTENTed

Postby jeffery » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:07 pm

I just created a site last week called Articles Auction. So far I have only 4 writers registered and no articles listed for auction. I cannot begin promoting the site on places like Digital Point and elsewhere until the site has some articles for sale or the site will end up a joke on forums where potential buyers are.
I called it Articles Auction, but I have it set up so a writer can sell his/her article as "Buy Now" only. You set your own price AND edit your own work, and you make 80 percent on every article you sell. I pay by PayPal every Tuesday, but if you really need it before then, I would have no problem with that.
But like I said, I need some auctions started first. There are no fees to list or relist. No fees period other than the 20 percent commission.
Anyhow, if interested, register at articlesauction.com or if you want to discuss it more, let me know.

Thanks!

Jeff
jeffery

Postby Elliot » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:34 pm

Formerly Hak.
Woke up this morning, got myself a gun.
Elliot

Postby jeffery » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:16 pm

Yeah, that's me. lol

I write for Textbroker but thought this idea might be a good one, but not many writers seem interested. Still, I am letting the site sit there while I work on a personal blog to sell my own articles if the Articles Auction thing never really takes off.
I think writers should make more money for their articles, plus have more editorial control. I had considered Constant Content, but I really cannot see paying 35% of my earnings per sale. They say to figure that into the asking price, but that is just it...I would have to bump the price, meaning less buyers will be interested in it than they would be for a more reasonable price that both I and the buyer could live with.

Anyhow, I am really tired of these sites that exist and hoping to create another way. Textbroker is excellent but you can only make a lot of money if you are a fast writer, and I am not. It takes me an hour or more per article. But someone like Grandma (on NJFM)...that lady can kick these things out quick. :)
jeffery

Next

Return to Website Suggestions