[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - No Gossip Rule

• Advertisement

No Gossip Rule

Announcement and things like that (duh). You can't reply to any of these. So don't try. One way communication only. Very Web 1.0 circa 1996.

No Gossip Rule

Postby D.H. » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:45 pm

I hereby institute a Voluntary No Gossip Rule. This is the first step before the rule becomes mandatory and enforced. This applies only to gossip about individuals. We fully encourage gossip about Demand Media Studios, and perhaps even the Execs and founders of the company as long as you can substantiate what you say.

Existing threads should be treated like sleeping dogs, so let them lie.

Do not start new threads or steer existing threads here towards the realm of gossip. If you can't identify gossip when you see it, ask here in this thread whether something is or is not. The community as a whole *should* be able to differentiate. I thought I could trust people to use their better judgement, but I am no longer sure this is possible.

If the voluntary adoption of this rule should prove ineffective, I will impose my standards on the forums. You don't want me to impose my standards, because I will shut down and delete any thread that mentions (or even hints at) the z-forums or any member thereof.

If you have any questions about this, ask them here. If you don't like the rules, feel free to leave and start your own forum where you can gossip to your heart's content.

This site is not designed to be a juvenile playground for the gossip about, or harassment & torment of others. It is intended as an open forum for the free-wheeling discussion of working for Demand Studios and writing online in general. Things have drifted too far afield, so this is the first effort to reign them in.
D.H.

Advertisement

Re: No Gossip Rule

Postby jekhyl » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:50 pm

Thank you!
Why? Because FUCK YOU, that's why.
jekhyl

Postby Donna » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:51 pm

*Like*
Donna

Postby givethemyourworst » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:52 pm

Okay, DadZomb.

Just kidding. I agree that things have gotten a bit out of control. There are better things to discuss than what is going on in the "other forum," though I admit I have been guilty of that from time to time.

I agree that keeping things civil over here is in everyone's best interest.

givethemyourworst

Postby brattymissbratty » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:52 pm

Thanks!
brattymissbratty

Postby D.H. » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:59 pm

I don't care to point fingers at anyone. Guilt is absolved in my eyes from this moment forward. We have outsiders pointing fingers already. If they produce credible evidence of harassment, we will react to that. I am not going to dig through all the threads here and root it out on my own.

It really is simple. Talk about other things. The personal lives and identifying features of members of the DMS forums are now an off-limits topic of conversation. Let's all just turn over a new leaf.
D.H.

Postby CCapozzi » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:33 am

I take it we can still gossip about the direction of DMS, right?

One of the reasons I post here and one thing that differentiates it from the z-forums is the ability to talk about the company in a more... honest light. Over there, I feel like people either don't care or posters are censured for discussing the company objectively.

For example, if I post something in the general forum over there like, "do y'all think it's a matter of time before wages are reduced?" the general response is going to be, "stop saying how the sky is falling and get back to work." People here just seem more intelligent (or open) about that sort of thing, which I appreciate.
CCapozzi

Postby JulianneHarte » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:41 am

Check out http://ayearofbaking.blogspot.com, one woman's mission to bake every day for a year!
JulianneHarte

Postby ByeByeBirdie » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:45 am

Thumbs up. This is a good decision.
ByeByeBirdie

Postby D.H. » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:49 am

D.H.

Next

Return to Announcements