[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - No Gossip Rule

• Advertisement

No Gossip Rule

Announcement and things like that (duh). You can't reply to any of these. So don't try. One way communication only. Very Web 1.0 circa 1996.

Re: No Gossip Rule

Postby alice » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:00 pm

alice

Advertisement

Postby ByeByeBirdie » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:37 pm

See, okay. Thanks for proving several people's points, folks. The moments someone came here that you don't like, the personal attacks started and a good discussion got derailed. WTF?! Can you NOT have to show off for even ONE THREAD so that people can have a discussion about the future of this board?!

And I'm still wondering why people think that some freaking board drama merits ruinous actions against someone's business ventures. Is this what the mods of this board wish to promote to the outside world? That's what those clods over at the Z-forums try to pull on people! Come on, now!
ByeByeBirdie

Postby The Batman » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:35 pm

"Wait, when is March Madness?" ~CE Cluebat
The Batman

Postby Page1News » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:40 am

OK, I feel I need to chime in since I was the one who initially started the Ken's Websites thread back in October. I did so because he seems to have a love/hate relationship with DMS and DSS. It's always been a push-pull dynamic with him.

When I worked with DMS, I always felt Ken pushed DMSers too hard with DMS writing, often to the detriment of the writer's ability to move away from DMS to pursue other professional interests. In one breath, he says to "diversify," and in the next breath, he tells DMSers to churn out DMS articles as fast as they possibly can. I simply felt he was doing writers a great disservice. And as well all know, once you're on the DMS hamster wheel, it's damn difficult to get off.

Personally, I never was out to ruin his business. I, generally, think he's an average guy who happened to get caught up with all the various online schemes and gimmicks. If Ken turns out to be extremely successful, more power to him. If he ends up failing, it's because of his own doing. By now, I hope Ken knows that DSS is not a profitable target market.

That's all I'm going to say about that.
You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Postby CE_ClueBat » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:21 am

"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby AlwaysWriting » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:24 am

I'm not really interested in having another place where I have to watch what I say. I have that everywhere else. But the free speech was nice while it lasted. I have no desire to spend all my time gossiping, but I don't want to be told not to make fun of the absurd if I feel like it either.
AlwaysWriting

Postby D.H. » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:07 am

D.H.

Previous

Return to Announcements