[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - POST IN THE APPROPRIATE FORUMS!!!

• Advertisement

POST IN THE APPROPRIATE FORUMS!!!

Announcement and things like that (duh). You can't reply to any of these. So don't try. One way communication only. Very Web 1.0 circa 1996.

POST IN THE APPROPRIATE FORUMS!!!

Postby D.H. » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:16 am

This is quickly becoming my number one pet peeve.

Think before you post and choose the appropriate forum to post your topic.

It's a simple request. It doesn't ask that much of you. Just be a little conscientious about the establishment enough to respect this one rule. I've seen a rash of this type of activity lately. Mostly it has to do with alternative writing sites. There is a wonderful "Catch All" topic for all the new content mills that continue to emerge. Use the other forums and it will make me happy and help us all out.

If there isn't an appropriate forum, or you think the topic deserves its own forum, either post a request in the "Website Suggestions" or PM either Patrick or me, and we'll act upon the request. Alternatively use "Catch All" or "Anything Goes" ... OK?

The reason is simple. We want this site to grow. I assume most (some?) of you want the site to grow. If all the posts end up in the "Demand Studios" forum, that doesn't help at all. If we have a vibrant ecology of topics spread out across multiple threads, it adds value to the site.

The participants here are the value, and what you have to say and share about your experiences writing online is valuable. If your thread gets buried in with a bunch of gossip about the z-forums, nobody except the regular inner circle of this site is ever likely to find it, get value from it, and perhaps even add value back to it.

If a n00b comes to DSS to suss it out and 90% of the posts are in one "Demand Studios" rant-infested forum, what is the impression that is going to make? Alternatively, if someone checks in and sees a bunch of topics about alternate content mills and freelancing and other realms of writing online, they're going to see past the name of the site and maybe join in and add value back for everyone.

I am going to enforce this one rule. I feel like every night I check in to find my children have left their bookbags, winter jackets and snow boots lying in a heap in the front hallway just beyond the front door. Makes me feel like a MomZomb. I hate being lumped in the same category as MomZomb. If the problem persists, I will resort to more drastic measures including some form of penalty for recidivist offenders.

You should be happy that I care enough to act on this. The alternative is benign neglect where the spammers run rampant. Please don't respond to the spammers either. It helps nobody. We're looking into a few methods of keeping them at bay. Zombies and spammers and latency, oh my! There's no place like DSS.
D.H.

Advertisement

Re: POST IN THE APPROPRIATE FORUMS!!!

Postby ilikegravy » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:23 am

Sorry, D.H. Will be mindful of this from here forward.
ilikegravy

Postby disCONTENTed » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:40 pm

Here, here, D.H.!

It has been pretty disgusting to watch the zombies lurch in here and take over.

I would also like to emphasize that the best way to be rid of them (short of ripping off their arms and shoving them up their asses so they can't type) is to greet them with silence. Ignore them completely. They're looking for validation. Every time they see they've gotten a rise out of one of us, they're back for more. They're insatiable and irrational. That's what makes them zombies.

Better to let them slink unacknowledged back into the fetid swamp they've made of their own forum where they can babble OT unfettered and share TMI with like-minded nitwits.
disCONTENTed

Postby JulianneHarte » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:54 pm

Check out http://ayearofbaking.blogspot.com, one woman's mission to bake every day for a year!
JulianneHarte

Postby Donna » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:46 am

Donna

Postby disCONTENTed » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:30 pm

That's weird, I'm clicking on everything in your posts and I'm not seeing any "foe" button.

I've never put anybody on "ignore" before in the Z-forums, annoying as so many of them were, but I'm willing to make an exception here for that brat who seems to have diarrhea of the keyboard.
disCONTENTed

Postby JulianneHarte » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:56 pm

Check out http://ayearofbaking.blogspot.com, one woman's mission to bake every day for a year!
JulianneHarte

Postby D.H. » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:23 pm

D.H.

Postby Adam V. Lally » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:54 pm

I need money for rent, is this the right place to ask?
Names have been changed to protect the innocent.
Adam V. Lally

Return to Announcements