[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Butt-Kissing Expert Boilerplate

• Advertisement

Butt-Kissing Expert Boilerplate

The CEs have one, why not the writers? Insert your canned responses for CEs here.

Butt-Kissing Expert Boilerplate

Postby chicklette » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:52 am

I posted this already in the suggestion for this topic, but here it is again:

"Thanks for editing my article! I wanted to let you know that I [list experience related to topic here], so a lot of this information came from personal experience. Thanks again for your hard work! :D"

It sickens me to write it nearly every time, but when I do, I tend to get no rewrite requests. Smootch, smootch, smootch.
Chicklette Lizzy
chicklette

Advertisement

Re: Butt-Kissing Expert Boilerplate

Postby SoAnnoying » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:03 am

Sheesh, that does not work for me. I was saying things like - Thanks! Have a great weekend! - and they turned on me, I swear.

Now mine just says:

Hello,
Please see Bio for relevant experience. Added references for more information.
Thanks.

And now everything is just sailing on through for over a month when I changed it.
I get thank you's for letting them know about the bio.

Go figure.
SoAnnoying

Postby Page1News » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:05 pm

:lol:
Last edited by Page1News on Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Postby Adam V. Lally » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:49 pm

That's a good one. I'm copying and pasting that into my macros. Smiley is mandatory. OMG HUGZ!!!
Names have been changed to protect the innocent.
Adam V. Lally

Postby visserthree » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:53 pm

Ha. I never write anything. I figure I have enough friends.
visserthree

Postby disCONTENTed » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:36 am

If writers got together and came up with a few pages of boilerplate CE ass-kissing paragraphs and used them with every article, do you think the CEs would eventually recognize them and get all up in arms about it and feel dissed, as some writers did when they felt like they were getting boilerplate feedback? :?:

Like it did for the CEs, maybe DS could compose a set of boilerplate for us, incorporating the level of respect they would like us to show CEs. Here's one for starters...

I am but a humble scribe who's not worthy to kiss the hem of your garments, so please try not to judge my errors too harshly. For you to use your infinitely superior knowledge of the English language and the world in general to elevate my feeble prose to a level acceptable to your discerning eye is an honor that far exceeds any monetary compensation I may gain. I pray you find this article worthy of passing through the golden gates of DS to publication. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

OK, I gotta go throw up now.
disCONTENTed

Postby Ten Fingers Typing » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:16 am

Dis, that is so awesome!

...the golden gates of DS... so funny
------

karla
Ten Fingers Typing

Postby disCONTENTed » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:10 am

Thanks, Ten! Maybe I should try it out on my next article for DS (whenever that is, unless they kick me out first) and see if I get all 5s on my scorecard! :twisted:
disCONTENTed

Postby SoAnnoying » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:25 pm

"I am but a humble scribe who's not worthy to kiss the hem of your garments, so please try not to judge my errors too harshly. For you to use your infinitely superior knowledge of the English language and the world in general to elevate my feeble prose to a level acceptable to your discerning eye is an honor that far exceeds any monetary compensation I may gain. I pray you find this article worthy of passing through the golden gates of DS to publication. Thank you from the bottom of my heart."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SoAnnoying

Postby Page1News » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:36 pm

I began with DS in February 2009. I don't recall ever having to cite DS guidelines in writer comments to CEs during '09. It wasn't until this year that I noticed CEs had to be "reminded" of the rules. For you DS long-timer writers, did you have to "remind" CEs of guidelines before this year?
Last edited by Page1News on Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometime, you just might find, you get what you need.
Page1News

Next

Return to Writer Boilerplates