• Advertisement

Suite101: What a dummy...

suite101.com

Suite101: What a dummy...

Postby Natch » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:18 pm

I've been posting articles to Suite101 for over six months now, and I only just realized you could see stats on individual articles. All this time I thought the stats function sucked because you could only see overall page views. Had no idea you could view hits, keyword searches and referrers for each article.

D'oh!

This might encourage me to post there more, though, as I'd kinda given up thinking there wasn't much point if I had no way of figuring out what I was doing right or wrong.
"It's a naive domestic Burgundy without any breeding, but I think you'll be amused by its presumption."
Natch

Advertisement

Re: Suite101: What a dummy...

Postby yes_that_anne » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:55 am

Eh, I'm in the same dummy boat - just learned this now from you. :P How does one go about seeing these individual-article stats?
yes_that_anne

Postby Natch » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:37 pm

Click "View Writer Stats," click the "Articles" tab, then click "Details" to see page views and referrers for each article.

Like how I started with an actionable verb there? Should be no problem to follow. ;)

[Insert tips, warnings and references here.]
"It's a naive domestic Burgundy without any breeding, but I think you'll be amused by its presumption."
Natch

Postby yes_that_anne » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:51 pm

Wait! You forgot to tell me the history of the computer mouse! How will I know what "click" means?! :twisted:
yes_that_anne

Postby Patrick » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:37 pm

they're revealing a program where you can opt in for stats on exactly which of your articles are making money. that's the number one drawback of Suite101 - they're not really transparent on how many clicks you get and what they're paying you.
Patrick

Postby CE_ClueBat » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:31 pm

You need 50 articles to get the stats.

Anyone can feel free to ask me questions in PM or on the forum. I'm doing pretty well with them now. I'm not bragging...I just I wish someone would have taken me under their wing in the beginning. I have lots of wasted articles that do poorly. I really did shit at first until I finally figured out a strategy. If I can help at all, so you don't get stuck like I did, I'm willing to help. You can usually see a writers problem just reading the title and the subtitle paragraph.

If you don't feel comfortable telling me who you are, just post the question in the Suite forums. We get a little annoyed at nooob questions that are obviously people who haven't read the FAQs, but someone will help. There is a big problem with people copying other writer's work, and that really sucks. Lots of the big earners don't post anymore because of the issue, but most people will at least tell you what you are doing wrong with an article, which translates to learning a strategy.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Return to Suite 101