• Advertisement

Food Money

suite101.com

Food Money

Postby Patrick » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:02 pm

So - getting my first "real" payout from Suite since I started. Enough to go out to eat (but no drinks). But still pretty cool. And I didn't really get serious until December.

With Suite, you basically become your own mini-content mill. The more articles you got out there, the better the chances you have of making some phat cash.

And, as i was telling Richard, after a year, the rights for the articles revert back to you. So you can do whatever you want with 'em.

Yeah, it sucks to have 10 articles up there and make .40, but you gotta think long term.

After all, if I would have done the same thing to the 1,000+ articles I wrote for Demand, I'd be sitting pretty sweet, or should I say "suite", right now?

The other cool thing is that they've got some good tutorials on SEO. So you can learn that while writing.

Anyway, that's my take on Suite.
Patrick

Advertisement

Re: Food Money

Postby fuckermcfucksticks » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:53 am

I can say this... I made more on one rev share article in only 4 days at the end of January than I have on ten articles in a year on Suite lol :). I would prefer to write for Suite, but the payout has never worked for my. The only rev share site that has worked for me is Examiner.com.
I am really not a dick... I just play one on DSS.
fuckermcfucksticks

Re: Food Money

Postby CE_ClueBat » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:16 pm

Examiner is awesome if you get in the good sections like celebrity gossip.

I haven't made more money anywhere except Suite101. You really have to focus on products and reviews and stuff for Suite. I had an article get 500+ PVs and make 0 money, but it's a how to article on something that generates no real ads. All of my product shit makes money. Suite is all about writing for ads just like eHow, but at least with Suite you write what you want, make your own titles and you don't get articles rejected unless you just write really bad shit.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Return to Suite 101