[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Ok, now I'm pissed..

• Advertisement

Ok, now I'm pissed..

suite101.com

Ok, now I'm pissed..

Postby Lee » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:19 am

I write for Suite101 and I do fairly well there. My articles all fall mostly within the same main category heading and, up until recently, that meant that the same editor edited all of my articles. Now that any editor can edit any article, all hell has broken loose.

I got an article flagged this morning that I wrote months ago. The editor (who, might I add, edits for a completely unrelated category) picked apart my article with "errors" that weren't errors at all. This was a legal piece and she lives in a different country. I don't talk out of my ass. I know what I'm doing.

This cuntmuffin proceeded to tell me to change things that were correct to things that were incorrect and, instead of just flagging it and letting me send her a "go to hell you stupid bitch" email, she disabled it. I even included references (which, as an expert, I am not required to do) that this woman said were invalid (they weren't, they just used different terminology for the same thing).

I'd love nothing better than to write back with "You know nothing about this. Nothing. Stay away from my articles" but that would just motivate her to deliberately pick up my work since the anonymity we have with DS isn't present with Suite. This is happening more and more and I'm starting to get very sick and tired of writing the "I'm an expert, you're not, leave me alone please" emails.

She even had the gall to tell me not to send her an email response.
Obadiah: Tony Stark was able to build this in a Cave! With a box of scraps!
Engineer: I'm not Tony Stark.
Lee

Advertisement

Re: Ok, now I'm pissed..

Postby Natch » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:23 pm

That's sucky.
"It's a naive domestic Burgundy without any breeding, but I think you'll be amused by its presumption."
Natch

Postby CE_ClueBat » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:27 pm

There are some noob editors who aren't as nice as regular editors.

BTW, if you get a flag from an editor on an article you wrote months ago, you know some douchebag flagged your article. Look at your article and see if you have the IP address of internal Suite, which is the 10.* subnet. When someone flags your article, Suite looks at it and then sends a note to an editor. That's why you don't hear from the editor for a month or two later.

There seems to be a lot of flagging going on over there. Meanwhile, the "most probably" Indians are shitting on the place with their crappy writing.

My guess is you have been flagged by some other asshole on Suite who posts in the same category. There's a lot of cut throat shit going on over there.

I've considered creating a blog about Suite (similar to this) and exposing some of the shit that goes on over there. Suite is trying to expand into the web spam market, but they don't have the staff or the means to control it. They let anyone in, and their quality has gone to shit. So now they just rely on people flagging, and so people just flag to get back at people, and it's just a fucked up situation over there.

Oh, and the forums are turning into the fucking zombie forums. I knew when DSers got over there, the forums would go to shit.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby Pardon_my_French » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:45 pm

Pardon_my_French

Postby Natch » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:49 pm

You really think in ten years' time we're not going to be still hanging around these forums whining about how much worse working for Demand has become? You optimist. :lol:
"It's a naive domestic Burgundy without any breeding, but I think you'll be amused by its presumption."
Natch

Postby Pardon_my_French » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:51 pm

Pardon_my_French

Postby oyvey » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:29 pm

Please start a similar suite website...? You can call it something like "suitees tell all" or whatever you want, but I always cringe when someone refers to "suitees" on the forums there.
oyvey

Postby Pardon_my_French » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:41 pm

Pardon_my_French

Postby oyvey » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:46 pm

lol -- some "suitees" aren't that sweet anymore...

Yeah, a bunch of threads were shut down for various and sundry reasons. At the top of the posting page, it tells you to "be nice." it should say "be a suitee."
oyvey

Postby Pardon_my_French » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:50 pm

Pardon_my_French

Next

Return to Suite 101