[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - The DSS of Suite101..all hell breaking loose on the forums

• Advertisement

The DSS of Suite101..all hell breaking loose on the forums

suite101.com

The DSS of Suite101..all hell breaking loose on the forums

Postby CE_ClueBat » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:07 pm

Not a happy Suite101 writer? Check out this thread http://www.suite101.com/pages/posts.cfm?t=19437

It's fucking epic. It's the same shit that was on DS when someone finally found DSS. Lawsuits, illegal, cops, Westboro Baptist Church mentions. Craziness. It's a trainwreck that's just too good not to watch.

It's already got almost 400 posts in it.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Advertisement

Re: The DSS of Suite101..all hell breaking loose on the foru

Postby The Batman » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:23 pm

True fact: I actually know some members of the Westboro Baptist Church personally. As long as they aren't talking about "the gays" they are quite nice and intelligent. The attorneys in their family are supposed to be top notch from what I hear from others, but I've never seen them in action.

It's quite a disconnect from the way they act in their protests to the way they act personally. It's quite odd.

So, I suppose if the Suite Zombie meant that the person who runs that site is crazy, raving mad about one subject, but nice and intelligent otherwise, that comparison might be apt. Who knows though because we don't know who runs that site. I suspect the Suite zombie meant something else, something stark raving mad.

*No I am not endorsing the Phelps' views on gay people. I just know some of them through other stuff.
"Wait, when is March Madness?" ~CE Cluebat
The Batman

Postby Natch » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:24 pm

There's a thread about this . It's a madhouse there all right. Bizarre how many people think it's some sort of crime to criticize or lampoon Suite 101.
"It's a naive domestic Burgundy without any breeding, but I think you'll be amused by its presumption."
Natch

Postby Crackity Jones » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:37 pm

Crackity Jones

Postby The Batman » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:48 pm

The Batman

Postby Natch » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:05 pm

Louis Theroux was one of the first to give them any publicity. That was before they were in the news every week, maybe as long as 15 or 20 years ago now. Unless he's made a full-length documentary since then. The one I remember was probably from when he had a segment on Michael Moore's show for the BBC.

(Two of his best documentaries, btw, are the one about Nazis in modern America and the more recent one about a sex offenders institute. Wow.)

But yeah, what Bats said. Someone call the FBI! Our forefathers would never have passed the first amendment if they'd foreseen this anti-Suite blog! And so on and so forth.
"It's a naive domestic Burgundy without any breeding, but I think you'll be amused by its presumption."
Natch

Postby Crackity Jones » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:06 pm

Crackity Jones

Postby The Batman » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:09 pm

I am obviously from where they are. So, I've know about them for a long, long time. They were causing problems here a long, long time ago. Long before anyone outside of the area knew who they were. I probably heard about the documentary back in the day and thought, I see them protesting every day (truth), I don't need to see it again.

Suite should sue that blogger for infringing on its Right of Publicity! (HT: neK)
The Batman

Postby Crackity Jones » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:13 pm

Crackity Jones

Postby Natch » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:19 pm

His "seemingly innocuous manner." Haha. He just slinks around looking nerdy and adorable and feigning innocence, and gets the most amazingly candid footage out of the technique. His documentaries are something else.
Natch

Next

Return to Suite 101