[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Did Suite101 just become tackier?

• Advertisement

Did Suite101 just become tackier?

suite101.com

Did Suite101 just become tackier?

Postby Natch » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:02 am

I just checked my Suite101 articles (you know, the way you can't resist unpeeling a band-aid to take one more look at how all that gunky shit is doing underneath), and I noticed two apparent changes.

First, the default article font was larger. In-text hyperlinks were still in the old-size font, so it looked a bit ridiculous.

Second, the Google ads were bigger and more prominent.

I would describe the new look as bordering on Hubpagesque. It looked tacky. Suite101's neater, less flashy appearance was always one of its advantages. Not that I care much. I don't write there any longer anyway; I just laugh all the way to the bank with my $0.50 every month.
"It's a naive domestic Burgundy without any breeding, but I think you'll be amused by its presumption."
Natch

Advertisement

Re: Did Suite101 just become tackier?

Postby oyvey » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:05 am

Suite continues to go downhill as it attempts to improve. I check in daily 'cuz I do make money there, but they are tacky at the moment and I am a little embarrassed about some of the things they continue to allow to be published. We'll see.
oyvey

Re: Did Suite101 just become tackier?

Postby Pardon_my_French » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:08 pm

Oh, lordie, I will have to check this out. I can hardly stand peeking in anymore. I second Natch's picturesque reason, though, of why I will.

Pardon_my_French

Return to Suite 101