[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Suite is going the way of DS...

• Advertisement

Suite is going the way of DS...

suite101.com

Suite is going the way of DS...

Postby Lee » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:07 pm

Ok, so Suite101 has been one of my favorite article writing sites up until today.

For those of you who have written there before, you know that there is an editor assigned to each topic section. Thus, all you have to do is learn what that particular editor wants and you're golden. No flags. No rewriting. Period.

Now Suite has signed on to the DS method. It's a crapshoot as to which editor gets your article. The problem here is that different editors want different things. This means more flags, more wasted time, etc. It isn't even worth it writing there anymore.

I am so fucking pissed off I want to go punch something. And I just might.
Obadiah: Tony Stark was able to build this in a Cave! With a box of scraps!
Engineer: I'm not Tony Stark.
Lee

Advertisement

Re: Suite is going the way of DS...

Postby marsha » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:58 pm

This is not new, although it might just be new that they're announcing it. I had an editor follow me from one section I wrote a lot in into like two or three others, demanding changes according to his personal preferences rather than Suite101 formatting style. I don't write in his section anymore because it was kind of creepy.
marsha

Postby Patrick » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:44 am

So do you make money?

i had 20 articles up. made $5 in a month. bailing to go to constant content. everyone says that 50 is the point where you start to make money.
Patrick

Postby oyvey » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:02 am

Wow -- my foes list is growing today. Anybody join me for a spam sandwich for lunch?
oyvey

Postby yes_that_anne » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:49 am

Ever since Google made its adjustments, my revenues have been in the tank at suite anyway. Happily, my revenues at BrightHub are still going strong. :D

That said, I'm glad not to be writing for Suite anymore. It's given me the free time to start thinking about how to set up and monetize my own site.
yes_that_anne

Postby oyvey » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:57 am

My Suite articles are earning about $2 per day post Panda. I do think after Suite has had time to make changes and improvements that this will improve again, but I am not expending lots of energy at Suite at the moment.

BH was not hit as hard as Suite, thankfully. I still can't get over, however, that DS is doing as well as it is post Panda. I swear, someone at Google is sleeping with someone at DS...
oyvey

Postby CE_ClueBat » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:25 am

dammit, oyvey, I think I know who you are LOL ( I won't out you here of course), but I'm not surprised you are doing well (if you are who I think you are). I think Suite's health area partly did them in and some of the trash they let up.

My income has dropped by over half. I'm making probably a third of what I was. Lena's assessment that newer articles got hit the most is true for me. My old health articles are fine. My old titles in really competitive areas are fine.

I really want to focus on BH, but I'm not much of a fan of BH. I am going to get my lazy ass up and start blogging + BH. I'll leave my Suite articles up, but I'm no longer going to focus on them unless they recover. At this point, if they get rid of me, I'll just post my articles on a blog somewhere. Losing Suite income won't affect me much.

I've seen some BH articles at number one since the change. BH must be bringing in the cash monies.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby oyvey » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:06 pm

oyvey

Return to Suite 101