[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Demand Studios vs. Break Studios

• Advertisement

Demand Studios vs. Break Studios

breakstudios.break.com

Demand Studios vs. Break Studios

Postby marsha » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:35 pm

I really like Break Studios. They don't pay as much as Demand Studios but they are much easier to deal with and here is why: they have no pretensions. They know they are putting out cheap content on silly topics with a greater focus on SEO than quality writing, and they're okay with that. I've gotten a couple of rewrites because something wasn't in line with the guidelines, but never just because a CE didn't like the items I put in a list, or wanted me to follow a non-existent guideline, or argued with the facts rather than reading my sources. The few times I've had to contact the help desk people have been incredibly helpful with fixing the errors, rather than finding some technicality to use to invalidate my question.

My point is that BS has proven so far that you can, at least on a small scale, set up an environment where expectations are clear, people aren't incredibly fucking picky, and writers feel welcome.

The problem is not that DS is a content farm. The problem is that DS spends so much of its effort trying to convince everyone else that it's not a content farm and that it produces high-quality content that they have no energy left to either 1) actually care about producing high-quality content (or even accurate content), or 2) fixing the problems the writers continually point out.

I have no more problems working for a content farm than I would working for McDonald's. Money is money; if you're going to look down your nose at me that's your issue. If Break Studios had more writeable titles I'd work for them all the time and ditch DS for a while, because it is just that refreshing to work with people who don't spend all their time trying to convince people that McDonald's is a four-star French restaurant.
marsha

Advertisement

Re: Demand Studios vs. Break Studios

Postby JulianneHarte » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:42 pm

How regularly does Break pay and is it all RevShare or piece work?
Check out http://ayearofbaking.blogspot.com, one woman's mission to bake every day for a year!
JulianneHarte

Postby marsha » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:11 am

They pay $8/article and pay out every 2 weeks.
marsha

Postby 1coolnerd » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:18 am

How long does it take you to write an article for BS?
1coolnerd

Postby Ten Fingers Typing » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:06 pm

I find it hard to find the motivation to write for them because the pay blows.

They are laid back, however. :)
------

karla
Ten Fingers Typing

Postby 1coolnerd » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:45 pm

I hear the articles only take about 20 minutes to write. I heard of someone who pumps out 4 BS articles per hour.
1coolnerd

Postby marsha » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:53 pm

marsha

Postby LincolnParkAfterDark » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:44 am

I wrote three articles when they first started up in March or so. Haven't been back. $8 and twice monthly pay? no thanks.

However, I did write all 3 within an hour. They were really easy.
LincolnParkAfterDark

Postby LaughAMinute » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:57 am

LaughAMinute

Return to Break Studios