[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Content Pool and Writer Quality Assessment

• Advertisement

Content Pool and Writer Quality Assessment

breakstudios.break.com

Content Pool and Writer Quality Assessment

Postby D.H. » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:34 pm

Stephanie Ocampo (socampo)
To:
Break Studios Writers
Date:
09-13-2010 10:54 AM

Hey Writers, Thanks for being part of the Break Studios team! Just to keep you updated, we are currently in the middle of a Writer Quality Assessment and have been focusing our efforts on analyzing the quality of all the writers in our writing pool. During this assessment period, some of you may notice that the Content Pool is lighter than in past weeks. Topics will still be generated daily. Break Studios wants to ensure that we are offering enjoyable and informative content to our readers and to do this, we need a team full of stellar writers. We'd like to make sure that our team is comprised of writers who are willing to consistently follow our guidelines and work with our editors to create the detailed informative content that we need. Writers who repeatedly ignore editing comments or who consistently do not follow guidelines do not help us achieve our goal to offer great content to our audience. These issues only lengthen the editing process and create a longer editing turnaround for everyone. We appreciate all of your hard work and your patience in these beginning months most of all. Thanks, Stephanie
D.H.

Advertisement

Re: Content Pool and Writer Quality Assessment

Postby marsha » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:44 pm

Break Studios is like the least picky content mill ever, so it kind of scares me to think they have such a problem with writers ignoring comments or guidelines.
marsha

Postby jujube » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:39 pm

I just wrote my first article for BS, because it was the first topic besides "big Bollywood tits" or "making your own JetSki" that I could find. I got a rewrite request that told me I need to follow their guidelines, without any details whatsoever. Maybe that's why they're having problems with writers following instructions!
jujube

Postby D.H. » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

They want you to format the articles in a certain way, using unordered or ordered lists. The big thing is getting their stupid title mashed up into the article 6 times. Once you understand their system, it's far easier than Demand Studios to get an article written. I'm not sure that they even check the edits you make the second time around. I haven't tested my theory, but I have a sneaking suspicion they may just auto-approve second revisions of articles.
D.H.

Postby marsha » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:54 pm

marsha

Postby jujube » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:21 pm

I abandoned the rewrite request, but you guys are making me think I should try again with another article. Maybe I should read the guidelines again...
jujube

Postby Adam V. Lally » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:37 pm

I used to write a lot of car articles for them. BS is a cool concept, but. Yeah.

I do wonder about that email. Hm. Perhaps the Golden Age of Content is drawing to a close?
Names have been changed to protect the innocent.
Adam V. Lally

Postby RepurposingFool » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:02 am

AARRGGGHHH! I don't want anyone who uses the phrase "comprised of" reviewing me and determining my stellarness or lack thereof.
RepurposingFool

Return to Break Studios