• Advertisement

Rejection

breakstudios.break.com

Re: Rejection

Postby GameMasterNick » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:58 pm

I always wondered what they were looking for with the 10 best of type titles.

It almost seems like she ordered them by size, from Hummer to Golf Cart. Epic.
GameMasterNick

Advertisement

Postby fuckermcfucksticks » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:01 am

Muahahahaha.. She did it perfectly! That's nearly the list I had in my head, except I could have gone a little older with the cars :).
I am really not a dick... I just play one on DSS.
fuckermcfucksticks

Postby Xenia_Onatopp_007 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:26 pm

Writing for Break is usually pretty easy for me - when there's titles to be had - but for some reason the editors have gotten nit-picky lately. Since when did a particular genre song HAVE to be done by an artist that ONLY writes music for that genre? The title asked for SONGS not ARTIST GENRES!!!

And yes, the titles are slim pickins. Whenever I see one with "movies" in the title, I do a search for movies in the title search and fill up my queue as fast as I can click.
Xenia_Onatopp_007

Postby CrazyHatLady » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:09 am

I've applied twice this month with two different names, two different resumes, and two different samples and I was quickly rejected both times.

I guess they have too many writers or something. Or maybe it's just me. :roll:
CrazyHatLady

Postby [email protected] » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:47 pm

Some editors issue a reject when intending to request a rewrite for failing to put list openings in bold.

Send a pop culture related list to get in.
"You take the blue pill, you wake up in your bed and the story ends. You believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill…and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes." -Morpheus
[email protected]

Postby Tink » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:47 pm

I submitted a resume about two months ago, and they contacted me about a month ago saying "come on in". For the life of me, I cannot remember what I used for a sample. I think it was a TV I did for DMS on cocktails. You're not going to get rich there, because you can't put another article into your queue until they review the 10 that are there. And they review pretty slowly, around 4 - 5 day turnaround. And the pay is only $8. But, sometimes at the end of the day I like to do one just to show how witty I can be. (that's sarcasm) I enjoy the voice there.
Tink

Previous

Return to Break Studios