[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - O** Sourc***

• Advertisement

O** Sourc***

textbroker.com

O** Sourc***

Postby Adam V. Lally » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:43 am

I know this subject is taboo.

But has anyone ever successfully outsourced DS articles to a venue like textbroker?
Names have been changed to protect the innocent.
Adam V. Lally

Advertisement

Re: O** Sourc***

Postby Patrick » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:36 am

Apparently someone was doing it - that's why DS was cracking down on multiple logins. Seems like an awful lot of work.

1) you'd have to claim the articles on DS
2) then post the articles to textbroker
3) then cut and paste the articles from textbroker into the DS format
4) then hope they all pass the CEs and make any changes as necessary

So you pay $6 for the article on Textbroker and make a $9 profit.

Yeah, interesting. Probably more something for oDesk and eLance. i think they'd notice a bunch of eHow type articles on Textbroker pretty quick.

Might be an interesting strategy for something like Suite101 or Hubpages, though. Contract out a bunch of high keyword articles for $100 or so. Then publish them.

Hmmmmm....
Patrick

Postby D.H. » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:38 am

D.H.

Postby The Batman » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:55 pm

Every there is a mini-freak out on the Z forums about this, I think the process of doing it through. I don't think it would be difficult to get away with, more or less like Patrick and D.H. say. One problem though: greed. You would have to limit yourself to 10 or 12 articles a day. Anymore than that, and I'm betting DS is going to be paying real close attention to what you are producing. There comes a point when it's just not plausible to write that many articles per day.

Outsourcing writing would be a sucker's game in my opinion. Writing for DS is the easy part. If you want to outsource, outsource the headaches. Outsource the research. Go on Odesk, find a contractor from the Phillipines or India willing to work from $1-2 an hour. Every night, send them all the titles in your queue and wake up to your references. At max, you're costs are $8-16 per day. If you are really paranoid, write the articles in the DS template and they have proof that you are actually writing yourself. Crap, this might not even be a violation of your contract with DS. I'd have to look. I certainly don't think it's unethical in anyway. Writers hire research assistants all the time. It's a common and accepted part of the industry.
"Wait, when is March Madness?" ~CE Cluebat
The Batman

Postby Patrick » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:23 pm

yeah - the research part sounds pretty interesting.

as richard said - the problem is setting up the infrastructure. plus, if DS starts cutting down those $15 articles, it's just not going to be worth it anymore.

yeah, and i think you'd definately have to keep it down to just a few a day.

an automated queue submitting piece of software would be nice. something where you could schedule when your articles go out to the queue.

the other thing that i'm suprised that DS isn't looking at is the titles that writers are submitting. seems like it wouldn't be too hard for them to write some kind of program and screens the titles that writers submit and start catching people submitting multiple titles on the same subject. i'm sure that's probably in the pipeline somewhere.

but then, again, i don't understand why that's such a no-no. i mean, all they care about is that the article made it through their double plus top secret copyscape program, right?

i just wrote a post about this and i'm repeating myself now.
Patrick

Postby The Batman » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:29 pm

Can I get a moderator in here? Repurposing content on DSS should not be allowed!
"Wait, when is March Madness?" ~CE Cluebat
The Batman

Return to Textbroker