• Advertisement

Just Got Approved

brighthub.com

Just Got Approved

Postby fuckermcfucksticks » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:42 am

I just got approved for BrightHub, hopefully its a better experience than DMS lol. I shall see :)
I am really not a dick... I just play one on DSS.
fuckermcfucksticks

Advertisement

Re: Just Got Approved

Postby Tink » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:36 am

Congrats! Are they looking for writers for certain channels?
Tink

Postby CE_ClueBat » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:18 pm

You have to average 100? PVs per article to get the 5 article limit removed. I made the mistake of getting into a couple channels that are shit for PVs, so I suggest going for some channels that have high PVs to get rid of the limit.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby ms.IV » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:56 pm

I'm in a ton of channels but havent really done anything with it cuz I find their SEO requirements annoying but I was just accepted into the green living channel and I am super stoked about that... Cant wait to do a couple of those... :D
ms.IV

Postby fuckermcfucksticks » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:18 pm

Hmmm... They are pissing me off already... You have to claim an article, pitch your angle and then the editor has to approve your pitch, huh?? This editor is slow as shit too. It took here about 5 weeks to even look at my resume. This should be mighty interesting.

I claimed one last night (10:00AM EST) and it's about 7PM EST and it's still under "Pending." That's about stupid. Looks like this may just be one of the ones that just sits there an I never write for... Ugh, and I was so excited to start.

Eh well, I just got brought on by a private company for some tutorial stuff, we will see how that goes.
I am really not a dick... I just play one on DSS.
fuckermcfucksticks

Postby CE_ClueBat » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:42 pm

Yep, it's why it's not really my favorite place. I'm not much of a fan, although at this point I think they are probably one of the best as far as pay
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Postby Xenia_Onatopp_007 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:26 pm

The part I do like about BH is that their editors (at least the ones I work with) do get back with you, you can leave notes, and once you're past your probation period, you don't have to fear rewrites and rejections.

One tip though. DON'T let your article expire! Too many of those and they'll can you. Unclaim it if you can't fulfill it.
Xenia_Onatopp_007

Postby GameMasterNick » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:40 pm

There are lots of complaints about the Editor in the Education channels...

Most of them are like fucker's experience... incredibly slow responses (unless it's the end of the month, at which point you're expected to do rewrites incredibly fast so they can make their quota).

Editors have a very strong influence (close to "free reign," if not so) over their channels. Many of them take a lot of the work personally (including questioning rewrites, should you get them... they seem rare to me) and determine their own style guidelines for each channel.
GameMasterNick

Postby WriterOfSpam » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:32 pm

I'm in the gaming channel and my editor is very....enthusiastic. :lol: He's demanding in a good way though. I haven't actually written anything in my specific channel in the gaming section and there's nothing in my opportunities to claim. My editor seems nice enough, I just can't seem to get with the program over there for some reason. I'm in some of the other self-publishing sections that don't have an editor so maybe I'll put my DMS abandoned rewrites and rejection(s) there.

Is anyone else using the self-publishing channels and how are your articles doing there now?
“That’s not writing, that’s typing.” - Truman Capote
WriterOfSpam

Postby GameMasterNick » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:42 pm

You got Michael, eh?

The man's a machine. Love working with him.

He posts about 10 assignments in -all- of his channels per month. Everything else is slots he leaves open for pitches. He replies super-quick to pitches and submissions, though... much better than the editors I've worked with in just about every other channel (PC Hardware being the one exception).
GameMasterNick

Next

Return to Bright Hub