[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Is it just me or did BrightHub get nitpickier?

• Advertisement

Is it just me or did BrightHub get nitpickier?

brighthub.com

Is it just me or did BrightHub get nitpickier?

Postby balls-r-us » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:12 am

It's been a long time since I wrote for BrightHub, like in 2009. So I wrote an article sometime in 2011, and the article didn't show the "entire keyword" in the title and the introduction. I thought good content was a plus there? Sometimes you can't just throw in "the best way to paint your house green" in the middle of the introduction and make it sound good. What the hell... ?

Back to my other more clients :)
I iz a riter. I can haz $15? Tank you!
balls-r-us

Advertisement

Re: Is it just me or did BrightHub get nitpickier?

Postby EnigmaticJack » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:26 am

BrightHub's gotten pickier lately in part because of the Google hijinks. They're also requiring references now, though to the best of my knowledge they aren't going overboard with checking the references vs the article like Demand does. They're actually responding pretty well to the Panda stuff, taking articles off of the site temporarily that got hit hard to try and figure out what caused them to suffer and modifying guidelines a bit here and there to try to find a good balance of SEO and not-reading-like-a-content-farm-article. I'd say that BrightHub and eHow will probably survive Panda best, though for BrightHub it's because they're actively working on improving the content of the site as opposed to eHow's separation into different sites to spread the content around a bit more.
'Guys and girls, beware, the berg has warned you.'

Rule number one: The Doctor lies.
EnigmaticJack

Postby 420Writer » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:32 am

They sent me a message today saying some of my content would be removed because it recieved too few hits after the change in google.
I stopped writing there over a year ago when the channel managers or whatever they are called changed. I couldn't find any writable title/keyword combinations anymore. It doesn't give a list of what articles they removing. I'm wondering if it's articles from ions ago.
Kinda pisses me off since I like getting my residual checks each month.
Anyone else get that message?
420Writer

Postby fuckermcfucksticks » Mon May 02, 2011 10:18 am

I applied, took 2 months to get accepted, chose a title, took 5 days for the CM [or whatever she is called] to approve my approach and I then allowed the article to expire. I haven't returned to BH since. They are ridiculously retarded... :D
I am really not a dick... I just play one on DSS.
fuckermcfucksticks

Postby EnigmaticJack » Mon May 02, 2011 1:06 pm

'Guys and girls, beware, the berg has warned you.'

Rule number one: The Doctor lies.
EnigmaticJack

Postby 420Writer » Tue May 03, 2011 10:50 am

420Writer

Postby Damnwhofarted » Thu May 05, 2011 12:45 pm

I had half of mine removed. However, I'm in a poorly trafficked sub channel in Pets, so it's no great loss. What was annoying to me is that the ME was blaming us writers on poor content instead of his shitty title selections.

My biggest annoyance with this whole review is their selection of articles to pull seemed random as hell. I revamped an article that did poorly. After the re-write, it started to get hits. Got yanked anyways. Some of the articles that were pulled were ones that were in the most read list.

I let all of my titles for last month expire. The ME sent out an email saying that dozens of writers did the same and that we were going to get canned from the channel for doing that. I gave the screen the finger.
Damnwhofarted

Postby 420Writer » Mon May 09, 2011 2:19 pm

420Writer

Return to Bright Hub