[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Payraise at BrightHub??

• Advertisement

Payraise at BrightHub??

brighthub.com

Payraise at BrightHub??

Postby fuckermcfucksticks » Tue May 17, 2011 9:38 am

I am really not a dick... I just play one on DSS.
fuckermcfucksticks

Advertisement

Re: Payraise at BrightHub??

Postby balls-r-us » Tue May 17, 2011 9:53 am

They never say how much they increase pay rate with, though, which makes me a little suspicious. What if they just increase $1, like Demand Media would ? :P
I iz a riter. I can haz $15? Tank you!
balls-r-us

Postby EnigmaticJack » Tue May 17, 2011 1:48 pm

They've been in the process of increasing their standards for a few months now. I'm interested to see how much the raise is going to be. My guess is $5, putting them on par with eHow but having the benefit of rev share. I'd love to see $10 so that they can strip Demand of the 'highest paying' title that most people toss out, but I don't see that happening.

Of course, of Demand raised pay every time they increased standards then eHow would be paying at least $30 an article by now.
'Guys and girls, beware, the berg has warned you.'

Rule number one: The Doctor lies.
EnigmaticJack

Postby WriterOfSpam » Tue May 17, 2011 3:39 pm

“That’s not writing, that’s typing.” - Truman Capote
WriterOfSpam

Postby EnigmaticJack » Tue May 17, 2011 4:27 pm

EnigmaticJack

Postby WriterOfSpam » Tue May 17, 2011 5:10 pm

WriterOfSpam

Postby EnigmaticJack » Thu May 19, 2011 9:12 pm

Just got a message from one of the channels I'm in, one of the generic 'let's get excited about making content' bits. It did mention the pay raise, saying 'all I can tell you is it's a significant increase.' Reinforces my belief that it's going to be $5, which would probably chap Demand a bit. If a competitor that's not in as good of a position as eHow can pay the same per article and offer rev share then it'll take the wind out of Demand's 'we pay good money' sail.

I'd love to be shortchanging the meaning of 'significant', though. Doubt I am, but eh.

I generally write at least one or two pieces for Brighthub every month, but this month I've just been lazy or busy or something because I haven't done shit. Keep feeling like I should get off my ass and at least look through the title list for my channels, but haven't done so yet.

EnigmaticJack

Postby WriterOfSpam » Thu May 19, 2011 10:25 pm

WriterOfSpam

Postby EnigmaticJack » Fri May 20, 2011 1:43 pm

Yeah, it was from the gaming guy. I'm in a few of the gaming channels, so I'm surprised I didn't get the message 2 or 3 times like I usually do when he sends stuff out.

EnigmaticJack

Postby tangobango » Sat May 21, 2011 9:20 pm

I don't know why everyone complains about their standards being high or that they're difficult to write for. I've always found the article format to be simple. I can pump out two articles in my channel for Bright Hub in the time it takes me to write one for DS.
tangobango

Next

Return to Bright Hub