[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4664: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4666: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4667: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3780)
Demandstudiossucks.com • View topic - Is BrightHub dead?

• Advertisement

Is BrightHub dead?

brighthub.com

Is BrightHub dead?

Postby CE_ClueBat » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:12 am

A lot (much) of zombies and Suite people flocked to BrightHub after Panda. I don't have much on BrightHub, but I got a notice that one of my articles was flagged for improvements. Haven't even looked, because I make like 5 cents a month on 5ish articles, so fuck 'em. Anyone having success there? 800 words for $15, correct? For that, they can go fuck themselves.
"Or, it could be that I don't know everything." ~TheBatman
CE_ClueBat

Advertisement

Re: Is BrightHub dead?

Postby EnigmaticJack » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:57 pm

They're trying to recover from Panda by retroactively applying their Panda guidelines. Old articles that don't fit are getting flagged and removed from the site until they're edited. Rev share was actually running pretty good but took a major hit this past month. I agree with what one of the folks at the Demand forum said, they're trying too hard.
'Guys and girls, beware, the berg has warned you.'

Rule number one: The Doctor lies.
EnigmaticJack

Postby El Hombre Pablo » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:01 pm

My Bright hub stuff is doing really many a lot hits. I am kind of freaked out about it since it was post panda.
"Well Goober brought down some homegrown hay, It whopped me upside the head I never felt that way, Aunt Bea said we'd be in dutch if the Sherriff ever caught us smokin that stuff" BR5-49
El Hombre Pablo

Postby El Hombre Pablo » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:20 pm

I think BH may have some sort of issue. There are no ops in several categories yet and it is November 1st. they usually have them ouot. ANyone see the same, particularly in education.
"Well Goober brought down some homegrown hay, It whopped me upside the head I never felt that way, Aunt Bea said we'd be in dutch if the Sherriff ever caught us smokin that stuff" BR5-49
El Hombre Pablo

Postby CE_ClueBat » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:35 pm

There is a zomb thread on it. Looks like BH is finally dead.
CE_ClueBat

Postby undercover » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:57 pm

Sorry if I'm repeating myself, but re: BH:

1 -- Clue, you are right, 750 - 800 words for a whopping 15 bucks.
2 -- (this is the repetition I was referring to:) Endless rewrites until at least one CE, and potentially numerous people, okay the article. No pay unless publish.
3 -- I have a lot many of old stuff on the site and make $12 per month in rev share. Not retiring on it. ;)

It may be dead, but I'll keep collecting whatever comes my way for doing nothing. I have "friends" at BH and I still bagged it because I got disgusted with the endless rewrites I was getting over interpretation of a title. I had submitted a first rewrite, then the ME gave the article to a CE who told me to re-do the entire thing because she felt I had misinterpreted the title. Fuck.

/rant
undercover

Postby El Hombre Pablo » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:19 pm

I was doing pretty many well over there because of some articles that teachers across the country were stealing. It appears that it is another change. Blech! I just wanted something to do while I was laying here with these pins in my legs. Tried to get to campus a few times this week but it is not exactly handicapped access oriented (Old buildings and long walks on crutches) I am webcaming it into the class every day for the lecture and then answering questions through a secretary. It's actually pretty cool!
El Hombre Pablo

Postby CE_ClueBat » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:46 am

I ditched BH after about 5 articles. They took one offline, but meh. I don't care. I make about $.10 each payout. I knew I wasn't going back after the 750 word shit for $15 and all the people bitching about multiple "editors" reading articles. I never had a problem before, but it sounds like I might. I don't need any idiot telling me how to "SEO" an article when BH is in the shitter for their SEO practices to begin with.
CE_ClueBat

Postby WhatEver » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:33 pm

There's a very VAGUE article here: - doesn't really say much, other than "It's time to review where we are in this post-Panda world." :roll:
Freelance mantra: *Diversify*Diversify*Diversify*
WhatEver

Postby undercover » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:01 pm

undercover

Next

Return to Bright Hub